Jump to navigation Jump to search
UFO: Alien Invasion 2.1.0 (Released: 2007-04-01)
Note: The release was just called 2.1 instead of 2.1.0 in some places.
- New features:
- Transfer stuff and aliens from one base to another.
- Close geoscape popups by (left-)clicking somewhere else.
- Limits for amount of hired employees, determined by Living Quarters facility.
- Aircraft buying and selling.
- Damage radius for grenades.
- Live-display of TUs when dragging things in the inventory in battlescape and display of the various TU costs for each 'place'.
- MacOSX dedicated server and some alignment fixes for PPC.
- Updated targeting and tracing code.
- Scrolling for text nodes (e.g. via mouse scroll wheel) - especially useful for the UFOpedia and the campaign descriptions:
- #1531334 Scrollable text for research descriptions & similar text (+GUI).
- Scrolling in the Production menu (see  for the old way)
- Scrolling for the Hire menu.
- Cursor Up and Cursor Down will scroll one line up/down (hold key to repeat).
- PgUp and PgDown will scroll multiple lines up/down. (hold key to repeat).
- Basic implementation of a flashbang (should basically counter reaction fire).
- A new menu to show the keybindings.
- Optional "Double-Click" move system.
- Production queuing.
- Scriptable skill and ability values for character (campaign.ufo).
- Geoscape clouds (they move wrong right now).
- Background music fading.
- Improved zooming.
- Implemented basics for Hospital facility.
- PNG support.
- Screenshots can now be saved in TGA, PNG or JPG format.
- Added code in order to use ammo in several weapons (e.g the flechette shells usable in the micro-shotgun as well as the riot-shotgun).
- Pre-research descriptions are now supported.
- We can enable topics for research when one or more similar items have been researched. (i.e. a
require_ORnext to a
- Debug design change:
#ifdef DEBUGchecks used for developer tools (some might call them cheats) should be changed to
COM_CheckParm("-developer"), or an equivalent global variable that is set on startup, this enables modders to use the development tools but hides them from users (suggested by LordHavoc).
- Extended weapon and ammo combinations (todo page link):
- This brought us multiple weapons that can use the same ammo with different stats (this brought with it a redesign for multiple firemodes per ammo for each weapon it can be used in).
- In order to effectively use the newly added multiple firemode (i.e. more than 2) we now have a nice dropdown list for each weapon similar to the way it worked in original UFO.
- Alien Containment facility:
- Collecting aliens and alien bodies after the mission.
- Alien Containment menu (right click on Alien Containment facility in base).
- New way to collect items and aliens after a mission - now they are being loaded to aircraft and unloaded when dropship lands in base (coders: see CL_DropshipReturned()).
- Autosell option in Buy/Sell menu to decide whether autosell item after collecting or not.
- Option to change skin for all soldiers loaded to aircraft.
- #1557828 Improving skills by gaining experience.
- IRC client integrated for multiplayer.
- Multiplayer team selection after you've connected (to be able to select a team that is not already in use) (see cvar teamnum).
- Master server implementation in Template:Path.
- Maxteams support (worldspawn property) - make this a server cvar too.
- Logfile output on server console to be able to generate a log (and create a ladder someday).
- Version check and checksums to prevent cheating (checksums for ufo-script files are still not implemented - only for maps).
- Support for script definable gametypes (dedicated server and listen server).
- Fixes for isometric mode (culling fixes).
- Lots of map bugfixes like
clippingflags as well as player starting positions.
- Merged bugfixes from 2.0-RC5 to 2.1-devX.
- #1621538 Research from only 1 base.
- Fixed order of entries in production menu (it was messed up because of non-produceable items were taken into account).
- Fixed Collecting alien artifacts problem.
- Fixed UFOpedia behaviour in various ways, including presence of pre-research technology descriptions.
- Added scroll icons for scrollable textboxes.
- Lots of textures added for mapping purpose.
- "heli2" military-texture objects/aircraft/heli2
- "van2" texture by Yoshiboy.
- Various "boat" textures by Yoshiboy (see objects/boat).
- Models for maps
- "pitchfork" model
- "van2" car model (Template:Path)
- Saracen-class Interceptor model. See aircraft/interceptor2.
- Flashbang model.
- Grenade launcher ammo (duplicated default model)
- Plasma Grenade model and texture.
- Flechette Shells (texture: green shotgun shells) for shotgun2 and micro shotgun
- Added barrel to Bolter Rifle magazine model as stated in the description + updated Inventory size (3x1).
- Heavy Laser model done see (here).
- Texture by Protoarmor
- Micro Shotgun aka "pistol-shotgun" is done (see here). Model by Winter, texture by Hoehrer.
- Machine Pistol model & texture done (see here). Model by Winter and texture by Yoshiboy.
- 4.2mm MP Magazine (model, texture)
- Plasma Blade model&texture changed to reflect the description. (See weapons/plasblade for the model) --Hoehrer
- Female scientist models (body, no heads yet) have been added.
- Microwave (see microwave) (finished in 2.1)
- Coffeemachine (coffeemaker) (finished in 2.1)
- Fire extinguisher (see fireext and fireext2) (finished in 2.1)
- Emergency exit (sign) (see emergencyexit ) (finished in 2.1)
- dishware: cup, plate, fork, knife (See objects/furniture/dishes) (finished in 2.1)
- fireplace (see objects/furniture/fireplace) (finished in 2.1)
- Removed all the "GDF" string in the soldier skins
(See also the list of maps)
- New map "estate01".
- New map "bridge01".
- New map "industrial06".
- New map "oriental05".
- New building map "Alien containment" (initial building). Read more about it here: Alien Containment Facility.
- New random map tiles for tropic.
- New random map theme country.
- new mission tracks from Alex Parker
- many new weapons sounds thanks to Alex Parker (including Bolter Rifle & Machine Pistol)