Monthly update for April, 2018
Continued working on UFORadiant in April. The goal is to make it work on Gtk3. This is a long and tough journey, help is welcome!
At a point I successfully broke the compilation on Windows - simply because our Code::Blocks bundle contains way too old Gtk library. So half the month was spent on evaluating new compilation methods for Windows users. The winner became an MSYS2 + Code::Blocks combination as that looks to be the easiest way to set up an up-to-date environment even for less experienced people. If you'd like to give it a try, check out our Compile_for_Windows atricle.
- Eliminate deprecated GTK function/macro calls
- Eliminate deprecated GDK function/macro calls
- Add MinGW-W64 compiler definitions for CodeBlocks
- Add libcairo to UFORadiant LDFlags in CodeBlocks project
- Fix openal linking in Code::Blocks
- Fix order of linking Zlib in CodeBlock projects
- Reorder units in CodeBlocks project
- Update Code::Blocks projects to use SDL2
- Change CodeBlocks Compiler to mingw-w64-i686
- Silence expansion-to-defined GCC warnings
- Update CrashDump URL
In total, 11 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Monthly update for March, 2018
This month was mostly around modernizing the code under UFORadiant (the map editor).
- Prefix ld parameter for g++ in CodeBlocks project files
- Add cairo library to CMake configs
- Disable a new (and annoying) GCC 7.x warning
- Fix some doxygen issues
- Update doxygen configuration files
- Resolve more GTK2 deprecation warnings
- Replace deprecated GDK text combobox widget
- Resolve deprecated GTKTooltips
- Convert GDK Graphic Context to Cairo drawing
- Fix some windows specific GTK direct access
- Remove direct access to GTK structures
- Replaced deprecated GDK_key constants
- Resolve deprecated glib thread and mutex wanings in UFORadiant
- Update BugTracker URL in UFORadiant
- Mute some -Waddress warnings
- Don't include individual GTK/GDKheaders
In total, 16 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Development update for January-February, 2018
- Fix #5674 container backgrounds on equipment UI are not visible
- Fix soldierlist on baseequip screen get ghost records
- Resolve patch #5640 Improve happiness calculation from missions
- Fix #5543 mansion won via target zone reduces nation happiness
- #5679 Updated French translations by Damyen
- Fix socket leak #5678
- Fix minor memory leak #5678
- Reset antimatter cargo in Transfer UI
- Re-organized base section Lua modules
In total, 13 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January & February.
Monthly update for November, 2017
- Converted battlescape radar popup to Lua
- Add stun damage and reserved TUs to soldier dropdown on HUD
- Re-implemented base screen in Lua
- Converted research screen to Lua
- Fix segfault on clicking Destroy building button
- Converted several geoscape popups to Lua
- Add missing cost and build time to installation build popup (#5242)
- UI Engine
- Expose paddingRight property of Geoscape node to Lua
- Add support for parameters to ufo.push_window() Lua call
- Removed unused todo, ekg, base UI nodes
- Eliminate UI warning when node was deleted
- Finish onwindowactivate() UI event for Lua callbacks
- Updated Spanish translation
In total, 76 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in November.
Monthly update for October, 2017
- Re-implemented soldier status popup in hud.
- Show results screen after battle in multiplayer mode.
- Modernize Geoscape click popup generation.
- Updated polish and french translations.
- Updated game's .po and .pot files.
- Bug fixes
- Soldiers spawned in wrong place in MP (#5340)
- Killing an Alien with Incendiary Grenade crashes the game (#5671)
- Various code improvements under the hood.
- Several improvements to build system.
In total, 64 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in October.
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
For European Users (EUR):
For USA Users (USD):
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for July, 2017
- Convert new base/installation popups to LUA
- Convert Capacity overload popup to LUA
- Convert Transferlist popup to LUA
- Convert transfer UI to LUA, separate transfer popups
- UI Engine
- Expose lineheight parameter of an option node to LUA
- expose focus() and unfocus() method of a textEntry node to LUA
- Fix selectbox node's family-tree in LUA (isa ui_AbstractOption_t)
In total, 10 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in July.
Monthly update for June, 2017
- #3860 Show more stats about aircraft in market
- #5148 Request confirmation on Abort/Restart mission actions
- fix delete savegame confirmation popup (missing include)
- Fix WepAPI authentication popup invalidates login
- Fix #5662 WebAPI server sends invalid response
- Convert Market UI to LUA
- Reduce window header height to UI2 style
- Rework initial settings popup
- Revive Tip of the day popup
- And more UI2 scripting.
- Moved some messages to the client side, should help with #5624.
- #5663 Updated French translation by Damyen
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in June.
Monthly update for May, 2017
- Fix skill panel position on recruit soldier window
- #5658 Request confirmation on destructive savegame actions
- Fix #5236 previously built SAM site description show in base facilities UI
- Make sure that error popup isn't closed automatically on loadgame errors
- Add input validation on savegame filename and title
- #5522 Show base names as tooltip on the baselayouts
- Removed unused UI1 style Base summary screen
- Allow to jump to the previous visible enemy via RMB and to cycle visible enemies with the mousewheel
- Fix #5660 Multiplayer screen crashes on a missing UI component
- Fix segfault on determining reactionfire mode when soldier has no weapon Debian #861979
- Fix #5512 Missing mail headers for certain research notifications
- Fix #5418 Do not regenerate existing, unhired pilots each month
- make (dynamic) UI windows destroyable
- Add debug console function to list UI windows: ui_listwindows
- Prevent SEGFAULT on running ui_tree nonexistentwindow console command
- Modified _assets.ufo (UI script) to use ufox extensions
- Extract savegame-info UI panel to a new module to reduce code duplication
- Fixes to CL_ConvertSoundFromEvent().
- Aircraft repair messages should be added to debug logs only
- fix some potential memory leaks in Campaign
- [cmake] Use CMAKE_DL_LIBS instead of hardcoded '-ldl'
- Switch travis builds to trusty.
In total, 29 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in May.
Monthly update for April, 2017
- Removed old UI border from tech images - by Adler
- Attempt to fix #5655 Switching reaction fire mode doesn't work
- Rework New/Load/Save campaign UI and its backend:
- Select default difficulty on New Campaign dialog
- Allow more than 9 savegames
- Show quicksave in Load Campaign screen
- Close back item list on Market screen via clicking again the category
- Eliminated some compilation warnings
- Do NO type detection on LUA confunc parameters, it corrupts the data
- Fix on_windowopened LUA Event not receiving ui_push parameters
- Unregister the console command on removing a confunc
In total, 17 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Phoenix Point: new strategy game by Julian Gollop
Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM series, is at it again. His next game, Phoenix Point, is a strategy game following closely in the footsteps of the original X-COM, composed of real-time management and turn-based tactical battles as you fight a new menace on a world scale. Featuring mutating aliens! Procedural destructible maps! Factions! Geoscape! And more!
Similar to his previous game Chaos Reborn, he will be going the crowdfunding route. You can read more details about the game and support it here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point
Monthly update for March, 2017
- Update firemode list when switching actors.
- Fix passing empty strings to LUA confuncs.
- Converted hud_.ufo to LUA.
- Patch #5650: Updated French translations by Damyen.
- Updated German translations by BeastXXL.
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Monthly update for February, 2017
- Add support for dropdown windows to LUA UI.
- Try to fix an UI expression type error.
- Convert default HUD to LUA (hud_default.ufo)
- Feature request #4114 Nations graph colors should be consistent with Geoscape colors
- Fix #5641 ("Lower the level" doesn't work)
- Fixes parameter passing to inherited LUA confuncs.
- Fix data node integer property.
- Use correct method to get the node path on the ufox LUA library.
- Fixed typo in the LUA UI interface file => regen bindings and runtime.
- Attempt to fix #5643 Wrong message from misc_mission entity
- Fix #5644 misc_mission trigger crash
- Set default value for radius in misc_mission entity to 3
- Removed [+transport] semiRMA map - all assets were moved to other map themes
- [+urban] Some fixes and improvements in laboratory map tile to address #5646
- [+africa] Fixed placement of particle weapon models of Gunboat UFO
- [+industrial] Moved the storage area of the semiRMA +transport map to +industrial
- [+industrial] Added the office building of the +transport semiRMA to +industrial map theme
- [+solarplant] Some minor adjustments regarding texture scaling and alignment
- [+solarplant] Replaced Herakles dropship by actual prefab
- [prefabs] Added misc_sound to prefab of alien battery
- Fixed #5637 Broken bridge, map "ambush to a military convoy"
- #5639 French translation update by Damyen
In total, 28 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Monthly update for January, 2017
- UI2: Fix title spacing on Main Menu.
- Split precache list to silence warning.
- Fix the actor fall event.
- Make actors fall when the func_breakable they're standing on is destroyed (See #5634).
In total, 6 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January.
Geoscape and Sun in 2.3-dev version.
Xenowar Open Source 3D PC/Android turn based tactical combat game.