Personal tools

Poll

What feature does Alien Invasion need to take over XCOM1

Better AI
More types of equipment/aircraft/aliens/research
More varied missions
Just make a bug-free clone of XCOM1 with better graphics and music
Change everything, make it a different game

Author Topic: What Alien Invasion needs in order to replace XCOM1 as the best game  (Read 32268 times)

Sirine

Re: What Alien Invasion needs in order to replace XCOM1 as the best game
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 07:44:10 am »
@nerf5000: How about get the xcom1 and start a new game to experience it again? Feel the excitement of xcom1.

Ildamos

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 06:19:34 pm »
No problem Sirine; BTAxis didn't take offense so it's ok.

Sirine

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 02:30:54 am »
No problem Sirine; BTAxis didn't take offense so it's ok.
Happy to hear that... ;)

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 04:43:50 am »
Blaster bombs were a disaster!

One trick I learned was the reaction wall. Anything coming out of the UFO got slaughtered.

Then, suddenly, a bomb came out of the UFO. My wall of soldiers was almost wiped out.

The remaining soldiers, trying to recover the bodies, if any were alive? Wiped out the next turn.

Best  strategy since then? Keep one person in the craft. Never, ever do anything that results in a door stuck open, or destroyed. If a door is open, LEAVE. RunEscape.

Bombs can't leave if the door is closed, but I swear they blow their own doors one turn to launch out the next.

Sirine

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 05:16:17 am »
@keybounce:- Thanks for the sharing. I can see you are fear for the Blaster Bombs... me too...

That "Blaster Bombs" things, sure are fearsome weapons. So far, haven't seen in any other game that capable of creating a weapon with such distructive power and the ideal of that [turn where-ever-you-want] missille. You can hide, but you can't run. Once spotted, you were almost certain that you were dead.

Blaster Bombs, truly are one of the jewels of xcom1. It give you fear. It give you the feeling of 'Advance' weaponry from alien. Not something like "you have plasma, I have laser", kind-of-things. Once you really have it in your inventory, you will never think twice to bring it for the battlefields, and you will never happy enought to blast a few of them to that alien craft. Blow it, melt it. Turn everything to ashes... burn~baby~burn....Muahhahahahahaha.....

sirine is out-of-her-mind.

Offline slothlord

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:54 pm »
mmm, blaster bomb...my very own portable door maker.  alien wont come out of the ship? blaster bomb it.  alien hiding in building? blaster bomb it.  no door/opening for a blaster bomb?  blaster bomb it, then blaster bomb it again. 

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:00 pm »
What UFO-AI needs to replace XCOM: Work correctly on a G4/G5 mac :-)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »
mmm, blaster bomb...my very own portable door maker.  alien wont come out of the ship? blaster bomb it.  alien hiding in building? blaster bomb it.  no door/opening for a blaster bomb?  blaster bomb it, then blaster bomb it again. 

And that's why it won't get in UFO:AI ever. That would kill the game.

-geever

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »
Don't agree on that. Since aliens would have it too on most large ships at end game, this would only force different tatics.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 12:07:34 am »
Well, I could have said that it was not possible as the terrain isn't destructible but it's not the main reason.

-geever

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 01:32:05 am »
Yeah, blaster bombs are quite firmly out of the question.

Sirine

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 02:18:57 am »
@BTAxis:- Perhaps "one day" everything in UFO:AI are model, including the building and wall.... hence, become destructable.... hope that everyone optimistic about that "one day".

Offline Fistleaf

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 08:48:49 am »
He was saying the game was bad BECAUSE it uses 3D graphics. Which isn't true, it's just the old "blah blah 3D graphics are all that matters in games these days blah blah need to go back to the old days when games had to be good to be successful blah blah" argument, except he doesn't know what he's talking about and is just trying to seem like a "better gamer" than the rest of us.

X-COM was a great game. It also had its flaws no matter what anyone says. UFO:AI aims to be a different game, and you can like that or not, but if you don't like it why are you even still here?

What are you getting so angry about?  Where in my posts did I mention anything about UFO:AI being a bad game?  Where did I mention that I am a "better gamer"?  I am just bringing up for discussion how the game can be better.
You are using your own prejudices to put down others who give sugggestions.

If the admin is so aggressive and cannot accept suggestions, then I guess, yeah, I should not be here at all.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 11:39:20 am »
I guarantee you won't be much longer if you continue to be rude like that.

Offline Fistleaf

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 10:30:10 am »
I guarantee you won't be much longer if you continue to be rude like that.

Now the pot is calling the kettle black.  I did not use a single vulgar term whereas you called me "bullshit".  You sound like a teenager by your use of language.
I am trying to be civilized and reason with you but you persist to be stuck up and undiplomatic. 
You do not deserve to be an admin at all and should take up lessons on public relations.