project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My SWAT's body model, other uniforms and skins v2.4 and v2.5  (Read 33737 times)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: My SWAT's body model, other uniforms and skins v2.4 and v2.5
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2016, 04:44:56 am »
Well, the skin names are all lowercase in the *.md2 files themselves, while the file names in the mod (28 and 31 skins versions) have an uppercase letter, on windows it isn't a problem because windows is case insensitive but other systems (like linux and in some cases mac os) are case sensitive and thus can't find the skin files

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2016, 09:05:57 am »
Everything works fine now.

Sersanara, in case you might work again on the mod, did you notice that in the 31 Skins, the camo textures on medium armors don't look quite the same as on the other armors. It's as if a kind of transluscent mask is applied on top of the textures. As a result, colors are much less vivid. Is it because the armor plates are joined by an invisible "fabric" that is added on top of you "underwear" camo ?
Just compare the pictures you provided right above.

Secondly, what about having more camo on medium and heavy armors? Is it by design or by necessity that the hard nanocomposite plates aren't camouflaged at all. Not even a cover as with irl flack jackets and helmets ? On the other hand, I understand that the same texture shouldn't be applied to every surface, no matter their supposed physical property, and layering. Probably, the work would need two texture files per model (one for the inner suit, one for the outer armor), and that's not possible...

Offline Adler

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2017, 06:55:52 am »
Hi everyone,

anyone has the Sersarana Skins? The download page doesn't exist anymore. It would be nice i f someone could reupload them.

EDIT: Nevermind, i found them.

Another QUESTION: I wanted to use that files as base for my own images. The problem is, i have no idea about scripting and there aren't any changes for the helmets of the armors. But the ideas i had would include a change of the colour of the helmets. Anyone knows a solution?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:10:33 am by Adler »

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2017, 09:54:58 pm »
Hi everyone,

anyone has the Sersarana Skins? The download page doesn't exist anymore. It would be nice i f someone could reupload them.

New link to mods:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgmhrv0kz618bba/AABZkiYbflnOZ37cl0PqD3jma?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:30:30 am by Sersanara »

Offline viaregis

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 06:07:23 am »
Greetings all -

Longtime fan, first time poster here.  I have been so impressed with the quality of this game and only recently have decided to improve the experience by looking at mods to the game. Are the skins still available?  I tried the dropbox link last shared, but it apparently doesn't connect anymore. 

I see that the game still is being updated, and wonder if anyone is looking into a "Xenomorph" alien skin (you know, from Alien!) to rage against. 

Cheers and see you on the battlefield!

EDIT: Sersanara is a rockstar.  The link has been updated and I am able to download now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:08:10 am by viaregis »

Offline Sersanara

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:00 am »
Actualized links to all mods.