project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: OSX installers  (Read 138541 times)

Offline Dorzak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: OSX installers
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 11:48:33 pm »
upload finished

Will try later when I get a chance to see if it is still crashing on 10.6.3 or not.  Last time I tried the previous uploads it still was crashing on startup.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 08:22:03 am »
if it isn't working, please try to start from commandline and attach the console output as well as a stacktrace (gdb, see debugging section of the wiki) - that would hopefully help to fix the crash.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 07:23:17 am »
there are dozens of readers and maybe also some who download the dmg - why isn't there anyone who's giving me feedback? we have to know whether the ogg issues are wiped out. do you hear music and sounds?

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 08:32:47 am »
there are dozens of readers and maybe also some who download the dmg - why isn't there anyone who's giving me feedback? we have to know whether the ogg issues are wiped out. do you hear music and sounds?

Yeah, people do things like that...

Perhaps you could update the initial post with the links, and also put a small announcement on the project's news page about how important feedback is and that you really need it.

Offline Dorzak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 08:59:30 am »

Downloaded, finally working on 10.6.3.

However noticed an odd bug.

If a soldier dies, on a retry of the same battle they should be alive, but they are there, but not movable.  The number for them is greyed out like they are dead.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:54 am »
that's not osx specific. afair we have a bugreport for this bug already.

Offline kilder

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »
Hi!

I downloaded the latest version and I think it works quite well (10.5.8). However, there are some issues I think I must comment:

- First of all, I can't hear any music and only some sounds, but not all. The behaviour seems erratic and I can't see any report on the console that gives me any clue

- Seeing the latest answer, this bug could be known/related also: in a mission (urban map, IIRC), one of my soldiers died but I decided to finish with the mission. When I killed all those little blue-ish guys —it showed me all the civilians and that—, the game jumped out to the geoscape without any endgame screen, the mission wasn't done AND my soldier wasn't dead —think about a second chance in live—; I could replay the mission normally, however I didn't finished it. Nevertheless, all the other missions which I have finished —so far with 0 KIA— have not given me any problems with the endgame screens and such.

- The geoscape doesn't display the day/night cycle at all. The map is illuminated —perhaps a little too much—, the lights —as if it was nighttime— of the cities appear on the map but it's always even brighter than daytime. A minor problem, anyway.

- This one is more of a “usability problem” than a bug ;) In my second battle, I picked an alien plasma weapon. Obviously, I didn't have the tech researched, so I couldn't fire it, but I could reserve TU for reaction fire with it! I didn't check extensively if it could shoot or not —I think it couldn't—, but I believe that in the first place the option shouldn't be there.

- TU reservation for reaction fire is at this point quite glitchy, and for whatever reasons the game doesn't accept the shortcut (when I press 'x', it displays: “player: togglereaction” fire on the screen, but it does not activate anything). However, RF itself seems to work ok.

If there's anything more I could do in order to be more helpful/accurate, say it to me and I'll try to do it if I can :)

I'm glad to see the game is slowly getting better and better, and it's quite a pleasant feeling :) And a lot of thanks for letting us play with the dev-versions.

See you!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 08:29:11 pm »
- First of all, I can't hear any music and only some sounds, but not all. The behaviour seems erratic and I can't see any report on the console that gives me any clue

aren't there any messages on the console about missing vorbis/ogg dylib?

- Seeing the latest answer, this bug could be known/related also: in a mission (urban map, IIRC), one of my soldiers died but I decided to finish with the mission. When I killed all those little blue-ish guys —it showed me all the civilians and that—, the game jumped out to the geoscape without any endgame screen, the mission wasn't done AND my soldier wasn't dead —think about a second chance in live—; I could replay the mission normally, however I didn't finished it. Nevertheless, all the other missions which I have finished —so far with 0 KIA— have not given me any problems with the endgame screens and such.

there should be a message on the game console (and in ufoconsole.log) - see console and faq. please post that message the next time this happens to you.

- The geoscape doesn't display the day/night cycle at all. The map is illuminated —perhaps a little too much—, the lights —as if it was nighttime— of the cities appear on the map but it's always even brighter than daytime. A minor problem, anyway.

screenshot and ufoconsole.log please.

- This one is more of a “usability problem” than a bug ;) In my second battle, I picked an alien plasma weapon. Obviously, I didn't have the tech researched, so I couldn't fire it, but I could reserve TU for reaction fire with it! I didn't check extensively if it could shoot or not —I think it couldn't—, but I believe that in the first place the option shouldn't be there.

thanks - fixed in svn now.

- TU reservation for reaction fire is at this point quite glitchy, and for whatever reasons the game doesn't accept the shortcut (when I press 'x', it displays: “player: togglereaction” fire on the screen, but it does not activate anything). However, RF itself seems to work ok.

delete your keys.cfg please (see wiki faq to get the path to your userdata)

Offline Dorzak

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 09:15:09 pm »
I noticed the lighting issue as well when in 3D Geoscape, but since I play with 2D all the time, I just turned off 3D and let it go.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:34 pm »
please post a screenshot

Offline kilder

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:20 pm »
Hi!

I was consulting the “normal” console log. Here's ufoconsole.log abput music:

2010/04/12 22:39:33 load material file: 'materials/industrial.mat'
2010/04/12 22:39:47 S_LoadSound: Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found.
2010/04/12 22:39:47 S_LoadSound: Could not find sound file: 'ambience/alien_engine'
2010/04/12 22:39:47 S_LoadSound: Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found.
2010/04/12 22:39:47 S_LoadSound: Could not find sound file: 'ambience/alien_engine'
2010/04/12 22:39:52 Starting the game...
2010/04/12 22:39:52 jose has joined team 1
2010/04/12 22:39:52 music change to PsymongN5 (from karlmacklin_geoscape)
2010/04/12 22:39:52 M_Start: Could not load music: 'music/PsymongN5' (Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found)
2010/04/12 22:39:53 music change to AlexForest (from PsymongN5)
2010/04/12 22:39:54 M_Start: Could not load music: 'music/AlexForest' (Failed loading /opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/libvorbisfile.dylib, 2): image not found)

The geoscape error doesn't seem to leave any comments on ufoconsole. Down is a screenshot

The key problem continues even though I have deleted keys.cfg file. Only happens with 'x' - reserve TU —all the others (rotate map, change actor, crouch, etc...)— work well

I'll try to post more information the next days.

See you!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:03 am »
about the sounds issue: are you running ufo from the commandline? then please have a look here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Compile_for_Mac#If_OGG.2FVorbis_Is_Broken_.28Some_Sounds_Won.27t_Play.29

Offline kilder

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 11:10:58 am »
Hi!

I was playing a game this morning. I haven't tried yet the solution you gave for the music problem —I'll try it later— but I want to report a problem I had in the last battle: I was moving a soldier from one point to another —I didn't do anything strange— and the game moved out to geoscape. Here's the console log:

2010/04/17 10:53:36 ********************
2010/04/17 10:53:36 ERROR: LE_DoEndPathMove: Actor movement is out of sync: 140:111:0 should be 140:110:0 (step 11 of 11) (team 1)
2010/04/17 10:53:36 ********************
2010/04/17 10:53:36 Shutdown server: Server crashed.
2010/04/17 10:53:36 ==== ShutdownGame ====

I don't know if it's a known bug or not. It was a jungle map, but it's a strange occurence.

BTW, how do I play from commandline? I searched the wiki but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance!

See you later!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

Offline eliterrell

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 05:15:58 pm »
Hi

I downloaded this the other day. I played the previous public release when it came out and I wanted to see how things were going. So thanks for making a build for someone with casual interest like me. Grateful though I am, I probably wouldn't bother posting if I didn't have problems.

First off, sound is largely not working. My ufoconsole.log is littered with "Could not find sound file:" and so on. I know others have posted about this but I might as well mentioning it since I went through the ordeal of registering.

More importantly, I am getting kicked out of battles. Sometimes the entire game crashes when I load the incident map. Twice, I was partway through a battle when the game kicked me back to the world map without explaining. The first time that happened I tried to get back to the battle and the game crashed when the map loaded. The second time, I just waited around and eventually my drop ship headed back home. Sadly, I seem to have overwritten the ufoconsole.log for that occurrence. The events.log just shows me playing, if that helps.

2010/04/16 15:40:00 - +farm:    3343405 EV_ACTOR_STATS
2010/04/16 15:40:02 - +farm:    3345397 EV_ACTOR_MOVE
2010/04/16 15:40:05 - +farm:    3348161 EV_ACTOR_STATS
2010/04/16 15:40:07 - +farm:    3350590 EV_ACTOR_MOVE
2010/04/18 10:29:58 - +farm:      91091 EV_START

The last entry is from me trying to reproduce the bug this morning. It played through fine though. Let me know if there is anything you guys want me to try.

On the plus side, it looks like a lot of work has gone in since the last time I played, especially variety and quality of the maps.