project-navigation
Personal tools

Poll

Would you like a newsletter when a new Release is ready?

yes - I want a newsletter
10 (100%)
Nope, leave my Inbox empty
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 26, 2007, 09:03:53 am

Author Topic: Release Newsletter  (Read 2853 times)

pm

Release Newsletter
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:03:53 am »
Since this is my first post I have to say that I love the progress UFO:AI is making. I have played the last 4 releases and it is really getting better and already getting that neat "addiction-feature"... :twisted:

But, I would like to propose to the makers and site-admins to offer a newsletter which informs of new releases. This would be a great feature in my oppinion.

This poll is meant to see if there is anybody else out there that thinks this is a good idea and the site-admins should implement it.

inquisiteur2

Release Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:11:41 am »
This is a good idea but:

1. you need someone to write the newsletter, I don't if someone would bother himself doing it
2. What would you put in it ? Maybe a long commentary/explanation about each version change log ?
3. Since UFO AI staff is very talkative you can get everything you need on the forum.

Still I approve the idea if somone has time for that.

Alex

Release Newsletter
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 01:50:46 pm »
1. Then theres the issue of languages...  Maybe we don't need a full newsletter, just a "Hey, next version's out guys!" mass email to all forum members?

2.  Probably just copy and paste the change log, with a link to the homepage and a short introduction.

3.  People come and go from the forums...  In between releases maybe people forget about this game...  A newsletter will remind them to get the next release.

pm

Release Newsletter
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:18 pm »
@inquisiteur2:
That's just what I mean.

I don't think a long newsletter explaining everything is needed. Just a short "new Release ver x.y" is enough. Or maybe to make it easier it could be connected with the starting site, so that every news posted there is also sent out by mail - I think that would make things easy for everybody...

BTW: Since it is hosted by sourceforge: Doesn't sourceforge offer something like that? I think I have seen that somewhere...

inquisiteur2

Release Newsletter
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:25:58 pm »
actually that is already implemented, if somone receives a personal message he is directly notified through his email.

They might have a forum users mass mailing feature over there...

pm

Release Newsletter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 10:34:19 am »
Well, I just got the first newsletter and would like to thank you for it!  :D

Alex

Release Newsletter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:40:26 pm »
Ditto :)