project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A few Questions  (Read 4741 times)

Offline nigelt74

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
A few Questions
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:35:46 am »
Hope this is the right section to ask questions in, if not please move the post

1) What is the download "Alien Invasion NG" is it the completed game, or the second tech demo
2) What does NG stand for, "Next Generation", "New Game", "Narly Gerbil", "Not Gone"
3) Not a question, But Thanks for the update, as i am sure a lot of us were wondering if the project had died

Cheers

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
A few Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:20:27 am »
1) What is the download "Alien Invasion NG" is it the completed game, or the second tech demo
2) What does NG stand for, "Next Generation", "New Game", "Narly Gerbil", "Not Gone"
3) Not a question, But Thanks for the update, as i am sure a lot of us were wondering if the project had died

1.) There is no complete download of the new version available yet - you have to manually assemble this from the base archive (available on sf.net) and the svn repository.
2.) It's only to let the people see, that the administration has changed - the original authors are gone - this don't have any particluar meaning. But nevertheless next generation sounds reasonable.
3.) you're welcome - but feel free so contribute yourself, too :-D

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
A few Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:54:21 am »
NG means Naked Girls. It's a ploy to attract more people to the project.

Antonis78

A few Questions
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 03:20:06 am »
Hello!
I came accross your project by accident and I can only say IT WAS ABOUT TIME TO SEE A DECENT UFO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!.
My first experience with XCOM was in 1996 and since then I consider it the best game I ever played (and STILL play). The only other game that came close was Jagged Alliance.
For years I was searching for a similar game and nothing could come even close (Aftershock and Aftermath should not even be allowed to the market!!!!!!!!!!!  BAN THEM, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!)
Anyway, I would like to ask a few questions:
1)
Mattn wrote:
There is no complete download of the new version available yet - you have to manually assemble this from the base archive (available on sf.net) and the svn repository.

What exactly do you mean? Where and what are the base archives and the svn repository?  And how do we asseble it? I am sorry but I am not very familiar with your site and I really need some help. I downloaded the demo version and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the whole game!!!!!!
2)If the game is not ready yet, when do you expect it?
3)How will it be available?
Sorry for the long post and I hope you will help me
PS: If you are interested in a Greek translation I can give it a shot!!!!!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
A few Questions
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:17:20 am »
Quote from: "Antonis78"

1)
Mattn wrote:
There is no complete download of the new version available yet - you have to manually assemble this from the base archive (available on sf.net) and the svn repository.

What exactly do you mean? Where and what are the base archives and the svn repository?  And how do we asseble it? I am sorry but I am not very familiar with your site and I really need some help. I downloaded the demo version and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the whole game!!!!!!

You need to grab the Techdemo2 Installer (linux version can be found at http://liflg.org -> Forum). After you have installed the Techdemo2 Beta you need to grab the svn repository and copy over the old files
see svn tutorial at http://ufoai.sf.net/tutorials.html

Unknown - we are developing the story, coding the engine and creating game arts. We are welcome to contribute. You can grab e.g. the mapeditor and set up a few maps for e.g. basetiles or randommaps.

How? Do you mean free? It´s opensource and will be free.

Yes, read our very small i18n tutorial at http://ufoai.sf.net/tutorials.html

Hoehrer

A few Questions
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 10:02:02 am »
Anyway, I would like to ask a few questions:
1)
Mattn wrote:

You might want to tell us what system you are running, that always helps when helping people. If you know how to compile a program for yourself here is how:
Forum FAQ -> How can I install UFO?
There is no recent ready-to-play version of this game for downlaod, so you need to wait until the next release to play a recent copy of the game (which still is a work in progress).

There are several odler version in the download section here and here that already work tough. The downside is that they lack the newer features
e.g TD1 and TD2 .. TD=techdemo

There is no time specifieed since this is a project that is made in the free-time of the developers. When we get something playable to be release it will be announced.
Sorry for that, but we do not get payed for it and thus can't work fulltime.

Full download for Linux/Windows and the source ...  maybe some more operation systems.
Linux package managers will most likely incldue suh releases as well.
Sorry for the long post and I hope you will help me

No problem, this post will most probably help others as well.

If you want to translate the game you are welcome.
Just have a look at this thread.

Werner