project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: testing the newest release  (Read 2478 times)

inquisiteur2

testing the newest release
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:12:54 pm »
I dowloaded techdemo 2 and replaced some of its file by the last ones found in the SVN repository (?)

The reaction fire seems to be working now although I was wondering why the cost for selecting the Reaction Fire feature is always 7 TU (by clicking on the shield icon on the bottom center of the screen ?) event if the cost of the lesser shot is more than 7 TU. Maybe the first person to shoot, in case of an alien stumbling upon one of my soldiers having the reaction fire feature, should be the one who has the best agility.

The bug where the weapons disapear seems to be solved now, at least when you play a tactical mission without restarting. But; unfortunately when you restart a tactical mission weapons disapear again.

Also; when building a base and having before selected the option texture "compression" it always crashes on my system.
I have Pentium 4, Windows XP, Nvidia 6600 GT, 2giga ram.

Sometimes also, maybe because of the unstability of the games code, the game crash when entering the equipement area.

Still, I think that with those improvements the game is VERY VERY enjoyable during the tactical missions, thanks to the devs.

Thank you

inquisiteur2

testing the newest release
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:52:33 pm »
hum reaction fire doesn't work every time