project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [ INSTALL ] how to have the 2.0-rc6 running on linux ?  (Read 17735 times)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
[ INSTALL ] how to have the 2.0-rc6 running on linux ?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 09:25:21 am »
edit the makefile and deactivate arts - or install the missing arts headers. just read the compiler output and install those files where he prints "Fehler: artsc.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden"

MartinG

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 12:35:14 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"
edit the makefile and deactivate arts - or install the missing arts headers. just read the compiler output and install those files where he prints "Fehler: artsc.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden"

mkefile? You mean the makefille.mingw? How do I do that?

I installed anything to do with arts I could find via the packet manager, so I don't know what elese to do.

I also couldn't find any of the files that the compiler reports as missing.

MartinG

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 01:01:38 pm »
Never mind, you have spent more than enough time trying to help me. Thanks for that.  ;)

I'm going to find out this stuff for myself, otherwise I'll never learn how to properly use Linux.

_alexmyself

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:34 pm »
makefile is a text file, like most others linux's files, so edit with simple text editor
search for rpm: arts-devel
but maybe it's not a very good idea to begin in linux by try building a developpment version of ufo, you should start discover linux world easily, with fedora you certainly have a lot of stuff ready to use..

MartinG

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 02:33:09 pm »
Quote from: "_alexmyself"
makefile is a text file, like most others linux's files, so edit with simple text editor
search for rpm: arts-devel
but maybe it's not a very good idea to begin in linux by try building a developpment version of ufo, you should start discover linux world easily, with fedora you certainly have a lot of stuff ready to use..

I guess you are right, it's a bit too much for me right now. I'll take a look at the other stuff first, thanks.