project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Gameplay - How to shot enemy?  (Read 4011 times)

ngoj

Gameplay - How to shot enemy?
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:36:45 pm »
How to shot enemy?
All I can get is red cross (no shot available).
I used to play original X-Com and I didn't expect any problem with this ...

ubequitz

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:49:15 pm »
To shoot the enemy you usually just need to click on one of the fire buttons (primary or secondary) then point and click at your target. Make sure you have enough time-units and the weapon is loaded :)

boveele

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 07:32:30 am »
The usual click and shoot routine is effective, but to get the alien target a certain painful load of hot metal, or laser.

Set the check mark on the left hand side, it looks like a shield with a check mark when set, and then set it again, it will display two check marks under a shield. Then kneel your soldier. Should give him a bit more protection, and a titch more accuracy.

As the aliens start their turn, they notice the human, fire, and are fired upon. very effective when you can get two... or of you aggressive on the field... three humans.... holding ground, as the alien makes a move all three of the Phalanx team members fire a shot.. or two. They cant clear as much map space as quickly this way, but it does prove very effective in sweeping the aliens off the map. Just like in the old X-com. ... /sniff.... brings back memories...

Respectfully,
H0Z3R

Deamon_Knight

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:53:04 pm »
So what is the difference between the shield (1) and Shield (X)? Latter is use all your TUs to fire during aliens round. Can you specify to use secondary over primary fire (the blast effect of the Tachyon rifle makes me nervous.)