Technical support > Linux

Debian: feedback and tests welcome

<< < (6/10) > >>

erome5578:
Tech spt, When is Version 2.5 scheduled to be available?

Mattn:
with june 1st we should be fully debian license compatible. i've just replaced the last sound files with gpled versions. now we can really start to release 2.5 and hopefully also get it officially into debian :)

apo:
Hi folks, hi Mattn

sorry I was quite busy this week but I promise to update the packaging this weekend. I guess the only thing that's left is to release 2.5. I'll be back tomorrow with more information. Let's get this game into Debian.  :)

Mattn:
yes - there is nothing more left than that

great to hear that.

apo:
Ok, I have built the latest stuff from the ufoai_2.5 branch and everything seems to work fine.

A few observations:

1. I would like to use a verbose build to detect possible issues as early as possible. Currently I see lines like that

--- Code: ---===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/sound/SoundManagerModule.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/sound/SoundPlayer.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptLibrary.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptLibraryModule.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptTokeniser.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptTokenWriter.cpp
--- End code ---

How can I make the compiler commands and all flags visible?

2. I have mostly tested UFO:AI under GNOME 3. It takes some time until the games starts up which is absolutely fine. However during this process a pop-up window with a message is shown which asks me if I want to "kill the application" or if I want to wait until the task finishes. (Obviously the game triggers a timeout somewhere) Screenshot with the message in German: ftp://46.182.19.209/images/GNOME3_warning.png
It could be a GNOME 3 issue. It's slightly annoying, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. Did anyone see a similar message sometime?

3. Fonts:

Here are two screenshots showing the in-game menu in English and German. I am old and my eyes are dim but I think the fonts are not really crisp. Is this normal?
ftp://46.182.19.209/images/ufoai_fonts_1.png
ftp://46.182.19.209/images/ufoai_fonts_2.png

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version