Technical support > Linux

Debian: feedback and tests welcome

<< < (7/10) > >>

Mattn:

--- Quote from: apo on June 07, 2014, 12:17:04 am ---Ok, I have built the latest stuff from the ufoai_2.5 branch and everything seems to work fine.

A few observations:

1. I would like to use a verbose build to detect possible issues as early as possible. Currently I see lines like that

--- Code: ---===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/sound/SoundManagerModule.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/sound/SoundPlayer.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptLibrary.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptLibraryModule.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptTokeniser.cpp
===> CXX [uforadiant] src/tools/radiant/radiant/script/ScriptTokenWriter.cpp
--- End code ---

How can I make the compiler commands and all flags visible?

--- End quote ---

make Q=

--- Quote from: apo on June 07, 2014, 12:17:04 am ---2. I have mostly tested UFO:AI under GNOME 3. It takes some time until the games starts up which is absolutely fine. However during this process a pop-up window with a message is shown which asks me if I want to "kill the application" or if I want to wait until the task finishes. (Obviously the game triggers a timeout somewhere) Screenshot with the message in German: ftp://46.182.19.209/images/GNOME3_warning.png
It could be a GNOME 3 issue. It's slightly annoying, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. Did anyone see a similar message sometime?

--- End quote ---

Hm. We don't pump the event queue on loading all data. I don't think this is something that could be changed for 2.5 - but the precaching could be disabled.

Cvar cl_precache should be set to 0 (it's the default - but maybe you changed that?)

--- Quote from: apo on June 07, 2014, 12:17:04 am ---3. Fonts:
Here are two screenshots showing the in-game menu in English and German. I am old and my eyes are dim but I think the fonts are not really crisp. Is this normal?
ftp://46.182.19.209/images/ufoai_fonts_1.png
ftp://46.182.19.209/images/ufoai_fonts_2.png

--- End quote ---

The problem here is, that we scale after we rendered to the bitmap texture - this is a known issue and will most likely get fixed in 2.6 - but no promises on that.

apo:

--- Quote ---make Q=
--- End quote ---

Excellent. Thanks!

--- Quote ---Hm. We don't pump the event queue on loading all data. I don't think this is something that could be changed for 2.5 - but the precaching could be disabled.

Cvar cl_precache should be set to 0 (it's the default - but maybe you changed that?)
--- End quote ---

I haven't touched cl_precache and it is still set to 0. I'm quite sure that I didn't see this issue when I tested the game for the first time back in August 2013. I think we have to monitor this issue for a while.

--- Quote ---The problem here is, that we scale after we rendered to the bitmap texture - this is a known issue and will most likely get fixed in 2.6 - but no promises on that.
--- End quote ---

Ok, no problem. It's good to know it is not related to the packaging.

I currently don't see any other obstacles. As soon as you release 2.5, I will finish the last bits, test everything again and then I'm going to find a Debian developer who can upload the game. Since it is a new package, it has to go to the so-called "NEW queue". I keep you informed about this procedure and the next steps.

Mattn:
awesome - thanks a lot

apo:
Congratulations for your latest release. Back to Work now... :)

solbu:

--- Quote from: apo on August 21, 2013, 01:22:11 pm ---What is the reasoning for displaying: "Download this game for free" at the intro screen?
--- End quote ---
Personally I would like that the text was changed to something like "Download this free game", since that is more correct for a Free software project such as this. It implies that it is both "for free" and "free software", whereas the current text only suggest that is is for free and not necessarily free software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version