project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Key map  (Read 3909 times)

Anderskorn

Key map
« on: September 21, 2006, 09:54:43 pm »
Sorry if i have over looked this and am asking for something that i should have seen already.  

I was just wondering if there is a page in the game or a read me with all the key map bindings??   I'm spicificly looking to see if there is a "quick-save" button in mission.  :wink:  :roll:  

Its nice to be able to replay the mission if you feel you can do it better.... just wondering if there are plans or not to include the QS-QL function during missions?   If not, may i ask why with out sounding like a spoild little kid?   :lol:

jbabcock

Key map
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 11:43:35 pm »
base/keys.cfg will tell you what commands each key launches, but not what the commands does. On the other hand, you should be able to figure that out from the command names as they are pretty descriptive.

Josh

HaJo

Re: Key map
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 12:13:16 am »
Quote from: "Anderskorn"
I'm spicificly looking to see if there is a "quick-save" button in mission.

During missions, there is no saving.

Its nice to be able to replay the mission

You can select "Retry" at the end of a mission,
and as well during the mission from the options-menu.

Anderskorn

Re: Key map
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:00:59 am »
Quote from: "HaJo"
Quote from: "Anderskorn"
I'm spicificly looking to see if there is a "quick-save" button in mission.

During missions, there is no saving.  

Its nice to be able to replay the mission

You can select "Retry" at the end of a mission,
and as well during the mission from the options-menu.

kinda sucks IMHO... but its cool in the end because you can redo the mission if you think you can do it better...

Off subject...  Hajo you live in DE?  I used to live in dover.  Spent 2.5 years there working on C-5s.  I PCSed though to HI   :D   Dover's a decent place it live...  but not much to do localy... though your only an hour away from a LOT.

Elbenfreund

Key map
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 12:59:24 pm »
howdy !

QS/QL: actualy I like it that way, of cause that doesn't mean there are situations i would love to QS *G* but  I would encourage the design department to keep up with the way it is right now.

keybindigs: newer SVNs ( most after RC4 actualy) include a "keys" menu in OPTIONS->GAME->KEYS
additionaly see here ;)
http://
http://ufo.myexp.de/wiki/index.php/Running_the_game#Key_Bindings

have fun, eric

Anderskorn

Key map
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 09:17:17 pm »
thanks for the key map :thumbsup:  :D