project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: rc4 inability to set interceptor to chase alien craft  (Read 1894 times)

jkling17

rc4 inability to set interceptor to chase alien craft
« on: September 20, 2006, 06:18:07 am »
Apparently this isn't affecting everyone but it does consistently for me.  I'm using Windows XP and rc4.

I'm now at the point when alien craft are flying around.  When a craft appears, I select the craft and then it asks me which of my craft I wish to send after it.  Incidentally I have one transport ship and TWO interceptors.  I built an extra interceptor hanger early in the game (from my old xcom experience I remembered that it was very helpful to have more than 1 interceptor to take down the medium craft and bigger).

So, no matter what ship I select (and the correct one is highlighted), the ship that is ACTUALLY sent out after the ufo is the transport.  Even after this erronious behavior, I can try and send out the interceptors again after clicking on the ufo - but with no different reaction.  They just stay in the base.

Now I CAN manually "START" an interceptor from the base/ships and send it "towards" the alien craft - but I can't actually "target" the alien craft w/ the interceptor.  Even when I get the interceptor to basically intercept its course, there is still no real interception, with the anticipated ship-to-ship arial battle that I would expect from the xcom games.

Can anyone help me?  Is there someway for me to configure the game to capture some data for you guys?

Best regards!!!

HaJo

Re: rc4 inability to set interceptor to chase alien craft
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:11:19 pm »
Quote from: "jkling17"
when I get the interceptor to basically intercept its course, there is
still no real interception, with the anticipated ship-to-ship arial battle

This feature is not finished yet.

ubequitz

rc4 inability to set interceptor to chase alien craft
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:39:43 pm »
The inability to select the interceptor directly (i.e. it would send the transport) is fixed in SVN (soon to be RC5 hopefully). It is actually the same bug as http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1550770&group_id=157793&atid=805242 (although if you read the bug report it may not be entirely clear that the fix for it also fixes the behavior you reported... but it does :) )

Despite this, as HaJo says, the ufo interception stuff is nowhere near finished yet.