project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: rc4 missing file  (Read 1820 times)

jkling17

rc4 missing file
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:18:11 pm »
installed rc4 (windows) this weekend and have been playing it quite a bit.  I'm a huge fan of the old xcom stuff.  Spent a lot of hours on the original xcom and some on apocalpse.

The work that you folks have done to date is pretty damn good.  I don't know what all the complaints are about that some ppl throw out there - the game mostly works very well and true to its spirit.

Today I had an issue - on a terror mission - I think to somewhere in Africa, it was a missing map file - pdi08. - I forget the extension.  I confirmed no such file existed on my hard drive.  So, it would seem that the compiled release is quite literally missing this file.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

ubequitz

rc4 missing file
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 05:11:20 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback. As you are probably discovering RC4 is indeed quite buggy and obviously there are plenty of planned features and ideas that are not implemented or finished yet.

Development is progressing however and RC5 should have far fewer bugs (although still plenty of missing features etc).

The PDI map IMHO is broken (both in RC4 and in the SVN version). Some people can load this map but I have never been able to (I get a "Error: Hunk_Alloc overflow" every time).