project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Sweep Firemodes and Spread  (Read 2096 times)

Surrealistik

Sweep Firemodes and Spread
« on: July 04, 2008, 07:32:37 pm »
Just a simple request. Please add a "spread/sweep mode" designation to the weapon parameters. When flagged, this will keep horizontal spread constant regardless of crouching for its corresponding fire mode.

The advantage of this feature is obvious with respect to sweeping fire modes, preventing either the horizontal spread of crouching sweeping fire from being too narrow, or horizontal spread of standing sweeping fire from being too broad.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:49:00 am by Surrealistik »

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Sweep Firemods and Spread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »
atm the sweep modes have a large guassian added to the yaw. this does not properly model a sweeping action. we could try to model intentional sweeping.

I was thinking it would be good to have a sweep angle in the firemodes, so shot one goes out at angle theta (plus a small guassian for imprecision), the next is aimed at theta+delta, the next at theta+2*delta, etc.

sweep_angle=(number_of_shots-1)*delta

not well explained. i hope that makes sense.

Surrealistik

Re: Sweep Firemodes and Spread
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:47:34 am »
Yes, to be honest there does need to be a custom system for sweeping firemodes in place, though the current one is crude but workable. The mathematical basis of the one you've suggested seems sound. To expand upon it, I feel the player should be able to define the boundaries and expanse of the sweeping fire. This might work by allowing him to designate two way points each with an angle relative to the shooter's facing direction no greater than X amount (90?) after selecting the sweep fire mode (the limits could be designated by an overlay or lines). Upon confirming these waypoints, the fire mode executes. Delta would obviously be proportional to the sum of these angles.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:50:42 am by Surrealistik »