project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Getting weapons, etc from fallen fellow soldiers  (Read 2144 times)

xcomer

Getting weapons, etc from fallen fellow soldiers
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:32:45 pm »
I am able to pick up weapons and ammo from killed aliens, but nothing from my dead soldiers during a mission.  Furthermore, they're not available after a successful mission, so I can't re-equip anyone else.  This has GOT to be a bug, right?

xcom

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Getting weapons, etc from fallen fellow soldiers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:43:32 pm »
You'd think this thread belongs in the forum for bugs, then, wouldn't you? Moved.

xcomer

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:14:58 pm »
You'd think this thread belongs in the forum for bugs, then, wouldn't you? Moved.

No, i'd think that a game put out years after XCOM would surely allow one to pick up items from fallen soldiers.  You tell me, can you do it in your game?  Can you walk another soldier over to a dude who's just been zapped and pick up one of his weapons, or maybe restock on grenades from his remaining ones.  If so, then, yes, it is a bug in my game, BUT if it turns out that this is, as they say, a 'feature," I'd like to know that too.  Sheesh.

xcomer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:19:51 pm »
uuugh

below is what i've found by doing a search for dead soldiers and it's from 2006... so why would my version ufoai2.2.1-win32 still be having this issue. 

The abort mission actually aborts the mission to my knowledge, the continue should be to continue on after completion. I also believe it says Replay or Continue.

Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------
Everyone loves the mad honey bear!

Bandobras
Captain

RC3: Equipment lost after mission