project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: News Story - UFOs in real life  (Read 28339 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
News Story - UFOs in real life
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:16:13 am »
http://www.newsnet5.com/family/16439547/detail.html#

Thought this might interest some of you forum members, given the subject of this project - According to this recent news story (video is included with the text) A man in the United States is trying to get the US government to create an actual commission to deal with extraterrestrials and aliens.

Not surprisingly, he also claims that many alien species have been documented and have been concealed by the government, and that he has proof.

The video part of the story talks about real organizations that actually do already exist, and how they "play the part of the skeptic" but still investigate such claims.

I would copy the story and paste it here, except the news page has a copyright notice prohibiting that type of thing.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: News Story - UFOs in real life
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:11:40 am »
If he had real proof he would've released it straight into the media. Ergo, bullshit.

Regards,
Winter

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:04 pm »
We jumped from vacuum tubes to transistors to microprocessors in less than 20 years. 

Folks anyone that refutes that several governments have been dealing with extra terrestrials for the best part of 70 years (since the a bomb).  Is either ignorant, or in denial.

Also the widely disenfranchised nicolai tesla openly admitted in several of his papers that most of his research ideas came from extra terrestrials. 

its 13 billion light years across.... thats a lot of space to waste.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:05:34 am »
Chalk me up for denial, then.

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:07:33 am »
At the risk of being thought a "Kook", or stupid...I'll relate a personal story of mine for anyone interested to ponder over. Before I relate what happened that night...first some small background on myself.

I'm 46, married, 4 children and I am a martial arts enthusiast, having trained in various styles of arts for around 15+ years. I consider myself...a "realist" and not given to fancy, or in "blowing" things out of proportion...I'm about as "conservative" as they come in my thoughts about almost everything discussed.

This story is not to try and make anyone here believe in anything at all...just something for you to think upon...draw your own conclusions.

I used to hunt and fish quite a bit in the 1980's, but haven't done much of that since being married and raising children...not much time.

My best friend at the time and myself, left for our regular hunting area and campsite early on a Friday afternoon just after we got off work. Our intent was to get up to our area, setup our camp, and then try and scout out a likely area in which to place our deer stands for the next mornings hunt. This was to be our first hunt of the new season...so we were ready to get going.

On the way, we decided to stop and get something to eat...which unfortunately ( slow service ) put us up to our area about 90 minutes later than we had originally planned. We hastily threw up camp, and then went to an area we both new fairly well from previous hunts...hoping to find some fresh signs of deer, and put up our tree stands.

It was almost dark, by the time we left camp, but we had some pretty powerful flashlights, and we were confident of knowing the area, so we were not too flustered. Before I go any further...we were not, or had not had anything to drink in the way of adult beverages...nor were either of us into drugs of any sort whatsoever.

Corby and myself got up to where we wanted to be, and got out of our truck to hastily do what we needed to get done. We had walked roughly about maybe a quarter of a mile from the truck ( by now it was almost true dark ), and the path we were on and the terrain was as follows...I can still see it in my minds eye today...this night was that vivid to me.

We were walking south, with Corby on my left hand side...to his left was a ditch that went down about 15-20 feet deep...and was perhaps about 40 yards wide...before coming back up and leveling out into a field of short pine trees on the other side.

I was using my flashlight on the right hand side of the road, looking for tracks...when Corby just smacked me in the shoulder and said, " Holy *%$^* Steve, LOOK" as he pulled on my sleeve. I looked past him to the left where he was looking and over the pine trees on the other side was this...glowing ORANGE BALL ( I have no other way to describe it ) about 20-25 feet around...or so I am guessing its hard to actually say. This thing made NO NOISE...not a whisper...and as we watched it hover there it suddenly went to the right...so fast I could barely keep track of it...then it did what for all intents is impossible...it did a right angle...not a curve...a complete right angle...like completely horizontal and then straight up...at what had to be an insane amount of speed until it was lost from sight...in about 2 seconds. There was no air disturbance of any kind, nor a sonic boom, but this thing moved faster than anything I've ever seen...and from a dead stop.

Now...this is the creepy part...we were already a bit unnerved but we considered the thing gone, and we still had to hunt the next day. So...we started to search for deer sign again...even though we were feeling more than a bit weird...heck that's an understatement. You know that feeling, that you get when you just "know" someone is watching you...well I got that feeling all of a sudden...the hair was literally standing up on my neck...so I glanced behind me. That thing was back, and it was just "observing" us...hovering there above the tree line again.

Well...we didn't wait around any longer...I can't remember what we said, as we ran like scared out of our minds children for our truck, but I'm sure that it would require LOTS of censoring.

Was it an alien spacecraft? A true UFO? I'm not saying that...I have no idea at all what it was...just that it scared the daylights out of 2 grown and fairly rational men. I do know, that it was not a helicopter, nor any type of aircraft that I can even contemplate. It was not a weather balloon, nor was it some stupid air reflections off of something, this thing did behavior...that defies anything I personally know of that we use for flight. The G's alone would smash a pilot flat dead, doing the right angle at the speed that it did, unless it were something unmanned. Even at that, this "ball / sphere" had no observable flight control surfaces I could see...NONE. I freely admit, that I did not have a great deal of time to study ( too busy running the second time ) whatever this thing was, but to my eye...NONE and it generated no noise ( nothing )...how is that even possible? Draw your own conclusions...make your own hypothesis...I am neither a Physics person, nor a mathematician...but to this day I still think of that night and that very strange thing we saw.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:12:58 am by Falion »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:02 pm »
That's quite a story - and I believe you!

I'll say this much - I've heard of a lot of reported UFO sightings investigated and found to have been something mundane (meaning not an alien), but given how much is in this universe and how many planets there are, I doubt we're alone, and given how much attention we must attract by blasting out so many signals as TV and radio broadcasts, etc., I would not be surprised if life from another system has been studying our planet and us for some time.

I'll also say this:  As a race, we are not ready for any publicly open confirmed contact/interaction with alien life, at least not yet.  I say this because we are very divided, various religions and ideas that conflict, and we still wage wars against each other.  We're not united, we don't live in harmony with any kind of real peace or uniformity, and we still fight each other - many of us still don't even understand other cultures and how they live and think on our own planet.

We are not ready.

Assuming we survive the next several hundred years without killing each other, it will likely be some time before we are even close to being ready.  Even very old hateful feelings between different nations and cultures are very much alive today, and in fact present bigger problems than ever because of advances in military technologies - Same old hard feelings, but now we have more dangerous toys to fight each other with.  As a side note, it's too bad we can't "un-invent" some of the more nasty weapons, especially the nuclear bomb, but what's done is done.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:49 pm »
Assuming we survive the next several hundred years without killing each other,

Can I just point out that we fail to do that on a daily basis.

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 04:21:09 pm »
I never knew that about Tesla...in fact I know / knew almost nothing about the man at all.

I thought I would research a little about him...amazing...sounds like the man was an absolute genius. While looking around several Tesla sites...this other site was somehow linked...why I'm not really sure. It seems to have some pretty interesting things, that some of us might like to, given time... read over a few of the things listed there. In fact, I just emailed the site with the account / story that I listed here ( minus my personal info, as I have no want of being public ), saying feel free to post it up in their DB.

Here is the link, for anyone even remotely interested.

http://ufologie.net/indexe.htm
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:23:00 pm by Falion »

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 04:58:24 am »
About the radio and television broadcasts, they would not reach other planets. The waves would get distorted through varying gravities and other various waves, not to mention signal deterioration. That lessens the chance, but still...

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if a lifeform that isn't from this planet is reading this forum right now...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:22:37 pm by BAM »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:02:18 am »
I certainly suspect a few.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 01:20:57 am »
About the radio and television broadcasts, they would not reach other planets. The waves would get distorted through varying gravities and other various waves, not to mention signal deterioration. That lessens the chance, but still...

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if a lifeform that isn't from this planet is reading this forum right now...

on the first... they do have broadcasts every voyager probe sent out gives precise coordinates of our location.. and btw SETI has been broadcasting our location galactically for 25 years... (there is about 15 stars within that range)

on the second... I've often suspected non natives to be using internet to communicate with humans

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 06:15:47 pm »
Although those signals may reach other planets, I particularly meant radio and television broadcasts. If these could be recepted by other species, they could study human culture, society etc. and learn about important current events.

I agree that the internet would be a likely communication method, considering yu can easily pretend to be someone, get a free email, and telecommunicate securely since there is not much traffic regulation (yet). Also, if they wanted to contact world leaders, they could easily send a message through their mail servers' SMTP port.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 12:48:46 am »
Listen to us via e-mail: absolutely.  Communicate via e-mail with the leaders: I somewhat doubt that.  What would you do if tomorrow you would receive an e-mail from an alien?  Likely, delete.  Maybe report as spam to the sys admin.

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 02:23:17 am »
That's what YOU would do, but what about the Groom Lake/Area 51 staff?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 03:12:36 am »
Since when are they our leaders?