project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: News Story - UFOs in real life  (Read 28336 times)

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: News Story - UFOs in real life
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 11:47:06 pm »
just as an example what *might* fit the bill...  ball lightning, darn near mythical...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

is it even close?

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 12:01:09 am »
One of the first things I looked into. No, it doesn't fit the bill.

Ball lighting for doesn't stop in mid air for one thing. Who knows what it was? Remeber the old poet:
"There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in all philosophy"

maguido

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008, 08:34:58 pm »
Oh,no they are no UFOS
They are astrokrauts ;D

Offline Red Alert

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2008, 03:52:46 pm »
I have heard that USA and Russia have a cooperation plan in case of extraterrestrial attack. It is because they believe that the strongest militaries should be together in this case.
P.S. Finaly thay have at least one agreement :)

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:33 am »
Oh, hell, I think those two militaries/countries should allign on all sorts of fronts.  If the East-West cold war returns, it will be the single greatest failure of diplomacy for the 21st century.  I say - have Russia join NATO and rename it NHDO - North Hemisphere Defense Organization - or something.  It would solve tons of problems and free up the intelligence resources for other projects.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 02:20:12 am »
Oh, hell, I think those two militaries/countries should allign on all sorts of fronts.  If the East-West cold war returns, it will be the single greatest failure of diplomacy for the 21st century.  I say - have Russia join NATO and rename it NHDO - North Hemisphere Defense Organization - or something.  It would solve tons of problems and free up the intelligence resources for other projects.

That would be nice, yes.  I've found that many people don't really want to fight people of other nations, and are more concerned with their daily affairs, yet the people in power love to take tax dollars/yen/marks/insert-name-of-currency-here/etc. and play these damn games with people's lives, and many times do it for their own interests, and I'm not talking about just the county I'm from - Yes, sometimes leaders do take action that benefits their citizens, although it isn't always for the best reasons or motives.

I've always thought it would be a nice idea to take all of the corrupt leaders in governments and lock them away in a room somewhere where they can fight each other all by themselves, and leave the rest of us out of it so we can go about our daily business without them f***ing it up for us with resources they get from taxes they force upon us.

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to jump off my soapbox and run for cover before I get shot...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:22:34 am by Destructavator »

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 07:41:43 am »

I've always thought it would be a nice idea to take all of the corrupt leaders in governments and lock them away in a room somewhere where they can fight each other all by themselves, and leave the rest of us out of it so we can go about our daily business without them f***ing it up for us with resources they get from taxes they force upon us.

Yup.  Of course, you then have to make sure that the people who get to define corruption and enforce the locking up are themselves not corrupt...

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »
Yup.  Of course, you then have to make sure that the people who get to define corruption and enforce the locking up are themselves not corrupt...
Old Latin provrb: Qui custodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will control the controllers? (not exact, but close translation)

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 12:56:53 pm »
On a related note, for those who think the justice system is too lengthy and overgrown, in the history of this world there have been nations and cultures who, from what I've heard, actually tried a system that didn't use courts, lawyers, and all the other drawn out legal B.S., but rather had a very quick system that immediately dealt with someone accused of a crime, and here is how it worked (and no, I don't favor this system, not one bit):  If someone is accused of a crime and appears to be guilty or is caught in the act, they get shot, end of story.  No legal hassles with attorneys, courts, trials, and it was "resolved" right away.  Yes, they actually tried that in various nations in the past.  It didn't work - after all, what if the person who decided the accused was guilty was wrong?  What if some people thought the enforcer was right while others disagreed?  Guess who gets shot next!  Yes, they tried that, and it didn't work, being full of so many problems.

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:17 pm »
If someone is accused of a crime and appears to be guilty or is caught in the act, they get shot, end of story.  No legal hassles with attorneys, courts, trials, and it was "resolved" right away.
That is why I vote for Life Sentence and object against Death Penalty.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 06:29:11 pm »
At least, from what it sounds like, you get to vote on such major issues - In my country, while we can sometimes vote on some issues (which many times are intentionally worded deceptively to fool us into voting for something we wouldn't want) mostly we vote for people, people who promise to support or oppose this or that during election campaigns, then once elected push their own agenda first most of the time.

On the other hand, I'm actually a registered voter who really does vote (sadly putting me in a minority many times) and therefore I have a right to complain every time something bad happens.

Regarding the few issues we do get to vote on, yes, they are intentionally worded strange to deceive us, I've seen it happen, and then once the uneducated voters cast their ballots the crimi *cough* *cough* - Ahem - Sorry, the politicians in government who put the issues on the ballots turn around and proudly claim that the citizens "supported" their proposal and put it into effect.  *cough* *cough* *retch* *puke* *vomit*

surecool73

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:12 am »
Yes, I may have observed a true to life U.F.O. While a kid growing up, I'd seen things in the sky that I couldn't identify; thus, U.F.O. However, a couple years back, I had the opportunity to observe firsthand what appeared to be a true U.F.O. It was late Nov., 2005 and I was on the freeway heading to work. It was around 6:00 PM and the sun was well on its way down into a sunset. While driving along, someting just told me to glance out the window and scan the sky. I did. The first thing I saw was a military aircraft approaching an airbase for a landing. It was perhaps a quarter of a mile out and approaching. I didn't think too much about that. Then I scan the sky some 30 degrees to the northwest of the military craft; there it was, just hovering like it belonged there; like it own that space. It was well in range of sight and was clearly a flying saucer.

odie

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 07:44:44 am »
Yes, I may have observed a true to life U.F.O. While a kid growing up, I'd seen things in the sky that I couldn't identify; thus, U.F.O. However, a couple years back, I had the opportunity to observe firsthand what appeared to be a true U.F.O. It was late Nov., 2005 and I was on the freeway heading to work. It was around 6:00 PM and the sun was well on its way down into a sunset. While driving along, someting just told me to glance out the window and scan the sky. I did. The first thing I saw was a military aircraft approaching an airbase for a landing. It was perhaps a quarter of a mile out and approaching. I didn't think too much about that. Then I scan the sky some 30 degrees to the northwest of the military craft; there it was, just hovering like it belonged there; like it own that space. It was well in range of sight and was clearly a flying saucer.
:o

For Real?? U have photos / videos of tat???
Man, u should really submit sightings to this site:
http://www.ufomaps.com/
http://www.ufoevidence.org/welcome.asp