project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I can't capture a harvester  (Read 14486 times)

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I can't capture a harvester
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:56:27 am »
When I'm end mission button 'store UFO' is disable. I have a base with "Large UFO Hangar" and in this base 7000 free points in "Storage". What I must do for store this UFO, because without it I no have sense play more...

Starship_Yard

Re: I can't capture a harvester
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:00:38 pm »
The Harvester actually fits in a small UFO hanger, not a large.  The LARGE UFO's have yet to make their appearance.  So make sure you have lots of small ufo hanger space available.

Brett

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:08:07 pm »
The Harvester actually fits in a small UFO hanger, not a large.  The LARGE UFO's have yet to make their appearance.  So make sure you have lots of small ufo hanger space available.
Brett
Thanks!
It is very intrest. Logically "Large UFO hanger" can contain all ufo's. I'm view that harvester bigger al other UFO's. I think this is a game bug - "Large UFO hanger" must allow disasemble all possible construction UFO's/

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:09:07 pm »
i'd call it a bug.

please file a sourceforge bug report.

Actually the idea of a "UFO Hanger" of any size doesn't make much sense to me.  I had assumed it was for launching UFOs, until i lost out on my first captured UFO.  What special requirements does a hanger need for simply holding a UFO??

Starship_Yard

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 11:15:16 pm »
The UFO Hangers are special holding facilities to enable Disassembly of captured UFOs.  In effect they are more of a special workshop to hold ungainly shaped large objects with special pedestals, cranes, lifts, cutting gear, and hazardous material handling equipment.  When you get to the (current) final mission you will see what I think is one of the first large UFOs.

Brett

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:59:30 pm »
The UFO Hangers are special holding facilities to enable Disassembly of captured UFOs....

Then a UFO "hanger" should be required for UFO disassembly, but not for storage only.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:01:38 am by eleazar »

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:47 am »
The Harvester actually fits in a small UFO hanger, not a large.  The LARGE UFO's have yet to make their appearance.  So make sure you have lots of small UFO hanger space available.
I'm was build one base with one Small UFO hangar and one Large UFO hangar. In stores have ~ 6500 points free.
but button "store UFO" still disabled. How many "Small UFO hangar" I must build?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:00:43 am by wz »

Starship_Yard

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 05:24:55 pm »
Then a UFO "hanger" should be required for UFO disassembly, but not for storage only.

Though special facilities would still be required for maintaining the antimatter containment and for securing all the other strange gases and noxious compounds in the vessels. 

And is a game simplification.

Brett

Starship_Yard

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 05:30:55 pm »
I'm was build one base with one Small UFO hangar and one Large UFO hangar. In stores have ~ 6500 points free.
but button "store UFO" still disabled. How many "Small UFO hangar" I must build?

How many UFOs have you captured?  1?  2? Any?  before the Harvester.

Brett

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 11:53:00 am »
How many UFOs have you captured?  1?  2? Any?  before the Harvester.
Before Mission with Harvester I'm capture all other UFO's, and researched all possible technologies.
I'm build on base 1 Large UFO Hangar and 3 Small UFO Hangar. After this I'm was capture Harvester.

Starship_Yard

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:53 pm »
Before Mission with Harvester I'm capture all other UFO's, and researched all possible technologies.
I'm build on base 1 Large UFO Hangar and 3 Small UFO Hangar. After this I'm was capture Harvester.

So you have captured a Scout, a Fighter and a Supply Ship (3 UFO's)?

Brett

Starship_Yard

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 05:35:09 pm »

Also how many of each do you have captured and stored?

Brett

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 09:51:28 am »
So you have captured a Scout, a Fighter and a Supply Ship (3 UFO's)?
Brett
I don't remember how many UFO's I'm stored, but I'm have and research all UFO types. I'm store bigger a 5-6 UFO (include last harvester).

Do you want get you my save file?

Once interest moment. When I'm destroy building "anti material containment" on base with "Small UFO hangar" I I'm can store UFO. When building "anti material containment" storing UFO inpossible.

Sarkus

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 07:23:16 am »
So, is there something that triggers the later options to capture the fighter and harvester?

I ask because I captured the scout some time ago and it's now late August and my research options are drying up.  I just completed the underground base terror mission, if that's a factor.

Is some research required or is it just wating for the missions to pop up where those craft can be captured?

Offline wz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 10:56:43 am »
So, is there something that triggers the later options to capture the fighter and harvester?

I ask because I captured the scout some time ago and it's now late August and my research options are drying up.  I just completed the underground base terror mission, if that's a factor.

Is some research required or is it just wating for the missions to pop up where those craft can be captured?
Please read wiki:Researches!
Harvester open antimaterial wearpon!
I'm have november and have no research options... I'm hope that harvester open me antimaterial wearpon but i'm still no have this research propose