project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFOpedia question  (Read 16461 times)

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
UFOpedia question
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:17:20 pm »
Is the UFOpedia supposed to be blank with the name of a text file?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: UFOpedia question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:06:46 pm »
no, looks like you don't have the language files - are you using the dmg? or self compiled?

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:04:46 am »
I grabbed the dmg.

Instead of the text for the item your looking at, it says the name of the item.txt

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:47:03 pm »
yes, looks like missing mo files (language files) or errors in loading them - please start with ./ufo +set developer 1 and post the output of the language selection console output

BadMrMojo

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 03:59:33 pm »
I've noticed that the language file loads correctly on the first run and incorrectly after that.

You can reset this by deleting ~/.ufoai/. While not exactly a long-term solution (since that wipes out all your saves and preferences), it does seem to work consistently when just tooling around a bit.

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:49:25 pm »
yes, looks like missing mo files (language files) or errors in loading them - please start with ./ufo +set developer 1 and post the output of the language selection console output

How do I start UFO like that?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:52:19 pm »
He just told you.
./ufo +set developer 1

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »
He just told you.
./ufo +set developer 1

Oh! in the terminal!  sorry

There's waaaay to much stuff to post it all so here's a bit of it:

CL_LanguageInit()... language settings are stored in configuration: none
CL_LanguageInit()... deflang: none
CL_LanguageTest()... using mo files from '/Users/jeff/Applications/UFO/UFOAI.app/base/i18n/'
CL_LanguageTest()... using mo files from '/Users/jeff/Applications/UFO/UFOAI.app/base/i18n/'
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ja' with locale 'ja_JP.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ja' with locale 'ja_JP.UTF-8' found.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'th' with locale 'th_TH.uft8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'th' with locale 'th_TH.UTF-8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'th' with locale 'th.uft8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'th' with locale 'th.UTF-8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... not possible to use language 'th'.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'sv' with locale 'sv_FI.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'sv' with locale 'sv_SE.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'sv' with locale 'sv.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'sv' with locale 'sv_FI.UTF-8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'sv' with locale 'sv_SE.UTF-8' found.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru_UA.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru_RU.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru_UA.UTF8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru_RU.UTF8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'ru' with locale 'ru.UTF-8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... not possible to use language 'ru'.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'pt_BR' with locale 'pt_PT.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'pt_BR' with locale 'pt_BR.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'pt_BR' with locale 'pt.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'pt_BR' with locale 'pt_PT.UTF-8' found.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'it' with locale 'it_IT.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'it' with locale 'it_CH.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'it' with locale 'it.utf8' not found on your system.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'it' with locale 'it_IT.UTF-8' found.
CL_LanguageTest()... language 'fr' with locale 'fr_LU.utf8' not found on your system.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 05:38:40 pm »
If you want to post large amounts of text, use www.pastebin.com.

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 11:32:06 pm »
I just threw them in a txt file:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/jeff128/errors.html

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 07:29:55 am »
there should be more - what happens when you try to select one of the languages from the options menu?

Offline Aledrinker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:09:27 pm »
Fixed!   Choosing a language and restarting the game worked.   Thanks everyone!

billb

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 06:26:43 pm »
I'm having the same issue.  Worked fine for me the first time I played, and then I quit to check my email.  When I restarted, all the research results and proposals were replaced with the_txt_file_names, like so.

I thought I could clear it up by choosing a language too, so I chose English, loaded my game, and no luck.  I'm running v 2.2, the .dmg.

Otherwise, I haven't had an issue.  Thanks so much for making this.  I've been waiting a long time for XCOM on a mac.

EDIT:  Got it working.  Switched to another language, switched back to English, quit immediately, relaunched, and it worked!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:14:40 pm by billb »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 11:00:06 am »
and this happens everytime when you quit the game and restart it?

asgalon

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:16 pm »
Hi folks!

I am currently taking a look at the language setup code. I think there is an error in how the language codes are resolved.
For example, I tried with "es_ES.UTF8" in s_language (I am not quite sure how this got into the configuration from the environment definition. It does not get matched during CL_LanguageInit() because it is checked literally against the language code "es" only. I think there is a confusion between locale specification and language codes, but I have not yet fully analyzed the code.
BTW there is a locale called "est" for estonian in the distribution. This does not really look like a 2 letter ISO code and is likely to break internationalisation a bit. (I discovered that while experimentally cutting down the string compare to the first two letters to isolate the language code only...)