I will collect some ideas for plugins that might be handy when developing UFO:AI stuff.
- UFO Script Editor (ufo script and ump files)
- UFO Script editor with basic syntax highlighing and outline is done http://mattn.ninex.info/screenshots/eclipse_script_editor.png Scripteditors/EMFText
- started to work on a xtext based editor
- Model Viewer
- md2 viewer basics are done - most of the models are not yet rendered corrctly though - http://mattn.ninex.info/screenshots/eclipse_md2_viewer.png
- GLSL Editor
- glsl editors were forked to glshadereditor and must still be adpted to our needs
- Map compiler
- Tech tree editor
- Menu editor
xtext based editor
- Install eclipse
- Install xtext 2.x (2.2.1) (Update site: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/xtext/updates/composite/releases/)
- Import the net.sourceforge.ufoai.dsl* projects (3) into your workspace
- net.sourceforge.ufoai.dsl/src/UFOScript.xtext is the grammar file
- right click - run as "generate xtext artifacts"
- run the net.sourceforge.ufoai.dsl project as eclipse application.
- import some ufoai ui scripts into your new workspace
The java classes in net.sourceforge.ufoai.dsl/src and net.sourceforge.ufoai.dsl.ui/src can get extended and won't get overwritten. You can implement a formatter, validator and stuff like that here.
- Hover support (inline dokumentation)