Proposals/Strenght, Weight and Equipment
This is a proposal for a simple weight system for UFO:AI. The purpose is to provide additional tactical possibilities in the battle field, (fast, light units vs slower, heavier ones), extend the usability life of lighter armours, and give a meaningful purpose to the (almost) unused strength ability.
All items should have assigned a scriptable weight value.
- I suggest using kilograms as the units for this, but an abstract unit could be used as well.
Actors should have a weight threshold based on their strength, when exceeded they are considered encumbered and should suffer a penalty.
- To keep it simple, I propose having the penalty to be max TU reduction.
- Other things to consider:
- A bonus for actors that are carrying a very low weight.
- Maybe an absolute max to the weight an actor can carry, based on strength?
At least some form for the user to tell the current and max load of a soldier must be implemented, some form of clear, unobtrusive warning when a soldier is encumbered would also be nice.
Check the talk page and feel free to share your thoughts.