Monthly update for April, 2018
Continued working on UFORadiant in April. The goal is to make it work on Gtk3. This is a long and tough journey, help is welcome!
At a point I successfully broke the compilation on Windows - simply because our Code::Blocks bundle contains way too old Gtk library. So half the month was spent on evaluating new compilation methods for Windows users. The winner became an MSYS2 + Code::Blocks combination as that looks to be the easiest way to set up an up-to-date environment even for less experienced people. If you'd like to give it a try, check out our Compile_for_Windows atricle.
- Eliminate deprecated GTK function/macro calls
- Eliminate deprecated GDK function/macro calls
- Add MinGW-W64 compiler definitions for CodeBlocks
- Add libcairo to UFORadiant LDFlags in CodeBlocks project
- Fix openal linking in Code::Blocks
- Fix order of linking Zlib in CodeBlock projects
- Reorder units in CodeBlocks project
- Update Code::Blocks projects to use SDL2
- Change CodeBlocks Compiler to mingw-w64-i686
- Silence expansion-to-defined GCC warnings
- Update CrashDump URL
In total, 11 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Monthly update for March, 2018
This month was mostly around modernizing the code under UFORadiant (the map editor).
- Prefix ld parameter for g++ in CodeBlocks project files
- Add cairo library to CMake configs
- Disable a new (and annoying) GCC 7.x warning
- Fix some doxygen issues
- Update doxygen configuration files
- Resolve more GTK2 deprecation warnings
- Replace deprecated GDK text combobox widget
- Resolve deprecated GTKTooltips
- Convert GDK Graphic Context to Cairo drawing
- Fix some windows specific GTK direct access
- Remove direct access to GTK structures
- Replaced deprecated GDK_key constants
- Resolve deprecated glib thread and mutex wanings in UFORadiant
- Update BugTracker URL in UFORadiant
- Mute some -Waddress warnings
- Don't include individual GTK/GDKheaders
In total, 16 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Development update for January-February, 2018
- Fix #5674 container backgrounds on equipment UI are not visible
- Fix soldierlist on baseequip screen get ghost records
- Resolve patch #5640 Improve happiness calculation from missions
- Fix #5543 mansion won via target zone reduces nation happiness
- #5679 Updated French translations by Damyen
- Fix socket leak #5678
- Fix minor memory leak #5678
- Reset antimatter cargo in Transfer UI
- Re-organized base section Lua modules
In total, 13 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in January & February.