Difference between revisions of "News/2013"
(monthly for april)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|title=Monthly update for April, 2013
|title=Monthly update for April, 2013
Revision as of 10:15, 26 May 2013
- 1 The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
- 2 Monthly update for April, 2013
- 3 Monthly update for March, 2013
- 4 Monthly update for February, 2013
- 5 Support The Bug Genie
- 6 "Hive Mind" released
- 7 Monthly update for January, 2013
- 8 New Issue Tracker
- 9 Monthly update for December, 2012
The Ninex.info Server Team is once again in need of your help.
The server is currently hosting Two projects: "UFO: Alien Invasion," and "OpenXcom."
To continue providing hosting services we will need to raise funds for the coming year, to pay for both the service and possibly some new hardware, or a new server computer altogether, especially if such services are to be provided free of advertisements on the project websites.
In addition to the two projects mentioned, we also host additional programming and development tools for the community, including a snapshot autobuilder for OpenXcom, and a buildbot for UFO: Alien Invasion.
We also welcome new projects that are freely available and preferably open-source in nature, and hope to continue to provide tools for the community to grow, but we will need your help and support to do so.
Please consider a donation for our cause, which you can give via the following link:
We sincerely thank you for any support you provide.
Monthly update for April, 2013
- Inventory related fixes
- Fixed armour display in item nodes
- Cleanup in RMA-code
- Lots of refactoring
- Some C++11 fixes
- Mingw64 support
- Hide destroy button for orbital launcher
- Add model to alien astrogation definition
- Polish translation updated
- French translation updated
- Spanish translation updated
- Extended and fixed the +village theme
- Extended and fixed the +frozen theme
- Adapted 'bungalow' map for +village map theme
- Fixed dropship in military_convoy
In total, 189 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in April.
Monthly update for March, 2013
- +africa: refactored the tileset and fixed misplaced misc_sound entity
- +country: cleanup
- +frozen: added missing UFOs and general improvement
- +ice: added crashed Bomber and Corrupter UFOs
- +industrial: updated some tiles
- +oriental: added missing UFOs and fixed #4952
- +shelter: fixes and improvements
- +village: refactored the tileset and also added new tiles
- corrupter_crash: solved missing part of #4883
- sharing tiles over various maps
- added prefab for crashed Corrupter UFO
- updated prefab of Harvester UFO
- updated prefab of Bomber UFO
- Remove taman_light and taman_heavy team definitions
- updated terrain.ufo (footsteps)
- Texts for Combat Hovernet/Bloodspider should not assume early versions have been researched.
- Basic implementation of #4856: Specify templates in alienteam definitions
- skip certain maps in campaign depending on hardware
- Make Orbital UFO Activity appear in mail client
- Make encased plasma ammos appear in UFOpaedia.
- Make gl plasma ammo require alien materials like other plasma ammo
- fixed #4869 research screen for pbeam weapons shows image and model
- fixed #3415 game doesn't pause on buiding built up if it is yet unusable
- New alien team size selection with updated max aliens for missions and aircraft
- Adjust pbeam tech texts to remove assumption that ammo hasn't yet been researched
- Make all Encased Plasma ammos the same price
- Add emails to Hybrid RPG ammo definition (still doesn't appear, see #4902)
- Adjust particle beam texts so that they don't reference specific techs the player may not have researched.
- Adjust autopsy button text in alien containment so it works before and after research is completed.
- Adjust base attack mission briefing text.
- Remove stunrod dependency for live alien tip, adjust text to reflect this and make it trigger at 45 days
- Reduce splash radius of plasma grenades
- Remove physics from incendiary particle to improve performance
- improved starting position of 2x2 units - not fully fixed yet
- Increase flashbang radius
- fixed #4929 grenade "using items" button always disable
- fixed #4898 HUD buttons don't update between soldiers
- fixed #3456 door start open
- fixed #4897 enemy fire visible through smoke
- fixed #4896 hit chance shows for unseen aliens
- fixed #3138 func_door problem with a stair
- fixed #4900 displayed movement cost inaccurate if soldier autostands
- Hopefully fixed #3220 alien's mad rage
- fixed endless loop in AI_PrepBestAction()
- fixed G_IsInsane so raging actors don't lose their sanity
- implemented #3742 rocketlauncher should show impact area
- allow shaken actors to disable reaction if there are no valid settings.
- Merged new blender TAG import and export scripts.
- Merged new Blender MD2 import and export scripts.
- Re-enabled multiple 'extends' in the same UMP.
- fixed #4944 error when setting worldspawn properties in .ump file
- implemented #3446 allow rma cvar replacement to use map extensions
- configure checks for some more libs now
- Eclipse tools
- DSL extension for mission alien team size
In total, 477 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in March.
Monthly update for February, 2013
In February, getting closer to a 2.5 release, most work was done in fixing bugs and improving existing features.
- Simplify lightmap loader.
- Implemented FR #4874 - "Event condition: research completed".
- Partial cleanup in lightmap memory usage.
- A lot of code refactorings and restructuring.
- Stingray Interceptor research requirements fixed.
- Update production time with reduced employee count on firing a worker.
- Better mission naming on Geoscape.
- Updated research texts for Corrupter, Supply and Scout UFO.
- Updated research text for alien Hovernet.
- 'Live Aliens' event tip updated.
- Updated Ufopedia text for Machine Gun.
- Updated research text for Advanced Alien Propulsion.
- Game now saves when player wins campaign.
- Note about cameras in base defence mission briefing.
- Activated control center for base cameras.
- Reaction Fire: disabled the 'draw' mode for testing.
- Do not force right-hand RF, use settings instead.
- Improved lighting in Shelter map.
- Various tweaks in 'Stadium', 'Alienbase' and 'Base' map.
- Added new map tile to 'Frozen' RMA theme.
- Removed Mini- and Alternative HUD.
- Norwegian translation update.
- Update for the polish translation.
- Updated po and pot files.
- New image for Particle Beam tech ufopedia entry.
- Misc improvements to the Blender md2 and tag exporters.
- Updated marker list blender script for latest blender.
- #4862 - "endless alien turn (fueldump map)"
- #4877 - "Incorrect tip for weapons reload"
- #4868 - "Invalid sounds in terrain.ufo"
- #4855 - "Using an empty hand needs <ESC> to get mouse back"
- #3412 - "Trigger_touch works for a single entity only"
- #4847 - "impassable squares in 'Rivertown' map"
- #3449 - "roof shown at wrong level in 'Laboratory' map"
- Fixed window position saving in TexTool::shutdown
- get rid of the console flodding in developer mode when a hud is active
In total, 291 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in February.
Support The Bug Genie
The Bug Genie, the free and open-source (FOSS) bug tracker we are using to develop UFO:AI, is looking for donations to continue development. The software has been improving for 11 years and is now looking for some financial support to continue development. This thing is pretty slick. We've found the tracker extremely useful, so please consider donating (top of the page).
"Hive Mind" released
Christy and Gary Bonn have released the first volume in their series of novels which follow the men and women of PHALANX as they battle to protect earth from alien invasion. Here's the blurb:
Commander Chuck McKenzie walks through an empty city, trying to work out how two million people have disappeared overnight, leaving little more than bloodstains.
One moment, Jeanette Hollingsworth flies coastal patrols and hunts diamond smugglers, the next, she’s ordered to command a state of the art fighter, to race eighty kilometres high and intercept vastly superior UFOs.
Gun runner and gang boss, Peter Telfer, finds himself conscripted into hand-to-hand combat with aliens. Quick-thinking and used to violence, Telfer believes he’s perfectly suited to take on these savage invaders.
Pulled from retirement, Commander Allan Craithie vows to keep his rookie soldiers alive, only to discover he’s their enemy too.
In a chilling few days, people are snatched from their everyday lives, by a mysterious organisation – and thrown into a secret war against invasion.
But behind the super-intelligent invaders and their deadly attacks lies a truth that horrifies both humans and aliens alike.
Nothing is as it seems and one revelation after another means it’s hard to know who, or what, the enemy is.
Read the whole book for free.
Monthly update for January, 2013
We're gearing up now for 2.5's release. It's not imminent, but we're starting to talk about where to draw the line on features, which is always a sign of progress. Here's what happened in January.
- Support up to 12 soldiers in Skirmish and MP
- Increase limit on production queue items
- Small fixes for solarplant, city_industry, office, stadium, africa, mansion, bungalow2
- Improved weight and TU information in equipment window
- Norwegian, German, Spanish translations updated
- 10 new female soldier heads
- New research image for alien detection
- Performance improvements for smoke particles
- New issue tracker for bugs, feature requests and patches
- Fix for UFORadiant model viewer
- Added MD2 and TAG exporters for Blender 2.63
New Issue Tracker
We have a new issue tracker. We imported more than 3,000 tickets (most closed) for old bugs, feature requests and patches from our Sourceforge tracker. All future reports should be made on the new tracker.
If you want to retain your account from the Sourceforge tracker, so that you can see tickets posted by or assigned to you, please send me a PM me on our forums with your Sourceforge username and the email address you want associated with your account. I will send you temporary login details.
Our Sourceforge issue tracker is now depricated. You can not add any further items to it.
Monthly update for December, 2012
In December mattn finally solved the terrible multi-threading issue which was causing so much instability in 2.5-dev. It was a month full of bug fixes and small improvements.
- Fixed multi-threading issues
- Added common Portuguese names to possible human names
- Fixed bug that prevented Bomber UFOs from appearing
- Make gender distribution of soldiers based on available models
- Stop message sounds from playing when loading a game
- Fixed live alien research
- Footstep sounds updated
- Grenade bounce rates changed
- Experimental foliage system introduced
- Stopped wounded message from appearing too early
- Show actors killed by wounds/triggers/fire in mission results
- Smoke fields no longer block explosives
- More UFO tiles for several maps
- Several map fixes
- Reimplemented Transfer UI backend
- Added support for a flashing effect for UI buttons
- Updates to Korean, Italian and German translations
- Several new soldier heads
- Began to implement skin management in UFORadiant model viewer
In total, 469 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.