project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: fast-forwarding the battle situation for debugging  (Read 3557 times)

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
fast-forwarding the battle situation for debugging
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:06:12 pm »
This question is directly related to my desire for battlescape saves, since being able to fast-forward the battle situation to the desired testing prerequisite for debugging a certain bug is only a workaround for the lack of battlescape saves. For instance, how to debug a bug such as this http://ufoai.org/bugs/ufoalieninvasion/issues/5543 without needing to play through the map ? What I would want is a save from directly before the end of the mission. However, in lieu of that, are there ways to fast-forward instead, such as killing some units, moving some units a long way in an instant, creating some units ? (Needless to say that that would be cheating in normal play.)
In my work for wesnoth I even created explicit debug functionality in some cases to jump forward with only one or two clicks. A wesnoth scenario is pretty similar to an UFO:AI tactical mission, there you can do such modifications as mentioned by running scripts on-the-fly.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: fast-forwarding the battle situation for debugging
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »
I'll answer this question in private, not to take away the game experience from other players. ;)

-geever