Development > Coding

Using cmake to setup build env

<< < (10/11) > >>

hwoarangmy:
Well, when I try my mingw compiled version, I get the output in the dos prompt...

Might be something with appVeyor or maybe the stage at which we launch the tests do not allow to have a command output

Mattn:
see cmake/macros.cmake - ufo_add_executable - the WINDOWED flag adds WIN32 to add_executable. This should be done to distinguish between console and windowed apps, too.

Mattn:
started a new pull request to work on the cmake build system: https://github.com/ufoai/ufoai/pull/27

anonymissimus:
Are the CodeBlocks files in build/projects/ for Linux or windows or both ?
The downloadable dependency package is for windows + MinGw or windows + MSVC only I presume ?

I tried setting up a environment with integrated debugging by generating a project file with cmake. win xp + MSVC 2008 seems too problematic, as UFO:AI is using newer C++ features while MSVC is behind g++/Linux or MinGw in supporting them, but Linux + CodeBlocks works pretty well.
cmake seems to find and use the dependencies from the OS rather than the ones in src/libs/.

hwoarangmy:

--- Quote from: anonymissimus on November 02, 2015, 09:57:00 pm ---Are the CodeBlocks files in build/projects/ for Linux or windows or both ?
--- End quote ---
I guess it is for both (but tested only on windows.

--- Quote from: anonymissimus on November 02, 2015, 09:57:00 pm ---The downloadable dependency package is for windows + MinGw or windows + MSVC only I presume ?
--- End quote ---
It works with both MinGW and MSVS2013 (at least - only tested). This can be checked on github by looking at appVeyor's results.

--- Quote from: anonymissimus on November 02, 2015, 09:57:00 pm ---I tried setting up a environment with integrated debugging by generating a project file with cmake. win xp + MSVC 2008 seems too problematic, as UFO:AI is using newer C++ features while MSVC is behind g++/Linux or MinGw in supporting them, but Linux + CodeBlocks works pretty well.
--- End quote ---
I've not tested with MSVS2008. But if you say the code uses newer features, I guess nobody will want to rollback to such an old version.

--- Quote from: anonymissimus on November 02, 2015, 09:57:00 pm ---cmake seems to find and use the dependencies from the OS rather than the ones in src/libs/.

--- End quote ---
It depends on how your PATH is set. However, src/libs are sources files AFAIK. So, the needed ones have been used. The others are not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version