Technical support > FAQ

How to see inside base?

<< < (3/3)

geever:
I think you misunderstood Rodmar. He wanted to support the feature request with that, he didn't say that the feature is available. And honestly I see no value in implementing it.

On the other hand, spawning a skirmish mission on a specific base layout is possible if an ump file was created for it. See Wiki:Random map assembly

-geever

nick87720z:
hm, yep... keywords "could have", missed :)

nick87720z:
This reveals new possible feature - skirmish / base-defending mode, but it is unclear, what base should be used when not in campaign. And alien base assault too (btw, do they have cameras on their bases too? ...this of course could make it insane difficult  :-\)
Might be either default predefined base, created in begining on easy difficulty levels (i don't know about hard levels yet), or may be some training mode in campaign.

Rodmar:
As for me, a skirmish map featuring all or most of the available buildings would fulfill the need. Or perhaps two maps, one featuring the default starting layout, and another one featuring all the end-game building (with a spoiler alert).

By the way, there could be a UFOpaedia page on base defense tactical considerations that would copy all the bits that are sprayed out in the various building pages, and would explicitely mention that some tactical scenarios are available for wargame training purpose (with the name of said skirmish maps). These would all be small maps, populated by the first opposed aliens. The system would be available after first ground mission(s).

hackerjack:
Surely the easy solution here is to have a map view that would display the base as you see from the geoscape?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version