project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: The game should play around 2030 instead  (Read 7949 times)

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: The game should play around 2030 instead
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 12:56:03 pm »
i think the story is that military is not really needed in 2080. so all weapons are old. more than new weapons maybe new civilian models like cars/trucks/aircraft (we dont have aircraft map yet). new houses.

Offline Seerorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 02:00:01 pm »
Ok will try to work on that. But military stuff is nearly outdated if we look in to todays military. For an instance revolver grenade launcher? Why? We are working towards clip based grenade lanchuers even nowadays(look into XM25). So if 25mm grenade launchers will be a norm they will be mostly clip based not revolver. Shotgun... For gods sake. Riot shotgun? Pump action military shotgun nearly 70 years into the future? They would simply use a more advenced today model(HK CAWS, Pancor Jackhammer, AA25). But if you tell me what poly resolution you need. What programs can't be used for modelling. I can consider help doing props but I'm not really good with buildings... -.- Still will try to get something up if it's needed.

Offline Noordung

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 02:28:31 pm »
game was set in 1950s i think. and than changed to 2080s. so we have really 1970s looking cars and weapons...
for models blender is good. + script for exporting to .md2 files.
weapons are... http://ufoai.org/wiki/Contribute try to look here for details. i think its 100-200 polys textures 256x256. but im not 100% sure.

Offline Seerorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »
I don't really like blender was tought to model in studio max... But heard it mentioned. Ok founed it. Yeah The game is working with low poly models. I don't know at least what numbers are used in modern games. But still it's run nearly on everything so it's ok. Thank I found what I wanted. :)

I didn't know that it was changed or when it was changed. I just known that it was in 2084 from the start I heard about it. :) It was still 2.3 then. Didn't really liked the game(slow/no improvement in soldier stats, few aliens who I can't hit and dies cause my troops really didn't ever hit the alien.).

Offline fireday

• Rookie
  • sry for my eng >-<
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 09:10:18 am »
raising questions

I understand that you stick to the idea of the original game
However, ufoai independent game. the concept of the game does not correspond to 2084
He looks for the year 2000 ...
I propose to change the year 2030-2040 (this will require only change the text at the beginning of the game. do not require to change the environment of the game)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 08:39:47 pm »
Back to the topic, politically wise, it would not be actually realistic that a world war occurs and the great super-nations emerge in such a short time, two decades from now (2030). Else, it would be another game, either a hybrid between XCOM and Risk, with more than a hundred of independent states, or a post-nuclear WWIII with greatly diminished  super powers, but how to explain the funding of the PHALANX, then? (Or, it would explain why the funding is so scarce)

Also, if not destroyed by terrific war and a long time economic disaster, how does it come that the research and military powers of nowadays are virtually absent from the scene in game (in two decades)?

On the contrary, I would ask that the dates in the introduction text are shifted a little toward the future, now that we are in 2016.

2094, then?