project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't start mission, game stops responding  (Read 10442 times)

Offline Rowanas

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Can't start mission, game stops responding
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 07:44:11 am »
I know this is a bit of a necro, but I'm having this problem now, a year on. I know it's not the same fix, because my user profile is under Shiny; all latin, ascii characters.

I'm including the ufoconsole.log for you below.  I got into this game aaaaages ago, just got re-into it when I found it had gone up a version number, but I've never had much luck with it. When I downloaded this recently I could play normally, and did so for a little while, and then a terror mission on the Houston underground appeared, and now the game won't let me play a mission, even on a new campaign.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 08:23:22 am »
From the log itself it seems that the battlescape was successfully initialized and all good.

Is it a black screen on starting a battle? Or it throws you back to the geoscape? Could you describe what happens in a bit more detail?

If it is a black screen I would try disabling GLSL shaders to see if some rendering problem happen.

Uploading your savegame could also help to see if it is reproducible on other systems.

-geever

Offline Rowanas

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 06:41:36 pm »
Oh. uh. Heh, sorry.

It's not dumping me, fortunately. It just hangs immediately after the please wait notice disappears, without black screen, or giving me an error message, or doing anything of any importance (like letting me play the mission :D).  Here's my most recent save, which I started just in case it was a corruption or some issue with the mission in specific. I've helpfully got it to the point where the dropship has just left the base, so you need only unpause.  This was the first mission in this new campaign, but previously I got up to June or July before it started doing this.

Have both of my saves, just in case.

Oh, and my specs, how thoughtless of me:
AMD Radeon 7700
Intel Core i7-3820 @3.60 (4 real, 4 virtual)
Windows 7 64bit