project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Mouse cannot scroll to bottom  (Read 3531 times)

Offline igor140

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Mouse cannot scroll to bottom
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:07:58 am »
Hello!

I'm glad 2.4 is up and running... but I seem to have a bit of a problem with getting my mouse to scroll to the bottom of the screen... like it doesn't do it.  I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, but I don't have this problem with any other program or the OS itself.  I also never had this problem with 2.3 (though I never ran 2.3 on U12.04).  I've tried fiddling around with the setting, but none of those seem to make a difference... any ideas?

Offline igor140

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse cannot scroll to bottom
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:27 am »
i tried to reinstall, but i have consistently found that that works better in windows than it does linux, haha! 

and unfortunately it is the case here as well : /

still looking for any help...

Offline igor140

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:26:49 am »
glorious day!

i was just fiddling around with the aspect ratio and resolution settings (i think), and it suddenly works fine!  i honestly don't know what i changed, but it seems to be up and running.  i think i just put in more specifically the dimensions of my screen.  the part that confused me was that my settings for that never successfully applied to 2.3, so i just ignored it on 2.4. 

Offline headdie

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:39 am »
I get this in window mode using native resolution, it is because the bands of screen that trigger the screen scroll are thin (to avoid accidental scrolling) but it doesn't take much for them to drop of the bottom of the screen

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:34 am »
I get this in window mode using native resolution, it is because the bands of screen that trigger the screen scroll are thin (to avoid accidental scrolling) but it doesn't take much for them to drop of the bottom of the screen

The UFO:AI window is able to grab/release the mouse when you press CTRL+G. This info is already presented to the player (in master) in the main video options and in the "Keyinfo and General Help" popup when windowed mode is enabled.