project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ufo 2.3 ... graphic issues  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Ufanatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
ufo 2.3 ... graphic issues
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:00 am »
Hi everyone.

So sorry if this has already been adressed elsewhere. (Yes, I did search quite a bit before starting a new topic.)

When I saw yesterday that 2.3 had finally been released my heart jumped with joy and I proceeded to install right away ...
Of course things couldn't just work for once and I am experiencing severe issues with the display of ingame graphics (more info on my system and drivers on the bottom):

- geoscape doesn't show
(9.3 ATI-mobility-CCC)
- geoscape and ingame graphics are "shifted", meaning the globe is on the top part of the screen instead of in the middle. On battlemaps, certain "light-effects" seem to be floating over the landscape causing distraction and unclear graphics.
(8.6 ATI-mobility without CCC)
- game doesn't start at all
("latest" 5.2 ATI-mobility-driver as provided by manufacturer in 2005)

- trying to switch back from full-screen mode to window-mode in the options-menu causes a total graphical messup with duplicate and fragmented view of windows-background and ingame-menu. Only a cold reboot helps here. (both recent driver-versions)

Here is my system:

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M1437G  (Notebook)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) m 1,73Ghz 797Mhz
1 GB Ram
15,5" glaretype-display running at 60Mhz
ATI-mobility-radeon x700 with 128MB memory

original Windows XP/home installation (from 2006) with SP3
DirectX 9.29 (June 2010)

An ufoconsole.log couldn't be found using manual search and startmenu-search. Possibly my applicationdata folders have been erased when cleaning up the system with CC-cleaner to make it ready for a fresh graphic-driver installation.

I hope you can help me somehow ... been waiting for this release for sooo long.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:26:22 am by Ufanatic »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: ufo 2.3 ... graphic issues
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »
Try disabling `postprocessing effects'. That's usually fix black geoscape effect.

-geever

Offline Ufanatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: ufo 2.3 ... graphic issues
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:32:16 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.

In the meanttime, the problem is fixed by disabling GL-settings ingame. I had read about this before somewhere on this board but didn't realize this was ingame, so I simply searched for it in the CCC taking "triple-buffering" for the setting in question. *facepalm

Now everything seems to run smoothly, the crew is equipped and ready for their first 2.3-encounter.  :)