project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How do you rotate the camera?  (Read 3447 times)

Ildamos

How do you rotate the camera?
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:47:08 pm »

Hello I haven't played this game in a great while opting instead to wait for 2.3 to come out. Now that it is, I've forgotten how to rotate the camera. How do you do it? I did a search on this forum and the nearest match is a post made in 2008. The user said he pushed "a."

That's reserved for making the camera move left. I searched for it and it's bound to Joy something. Why "joy"? I'm confused here. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How do you rotate the camera?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »
There is a new feature implemented, you can now use the middle mousebutton for battlescape camera rotation, the right mousebutton for geoscape camera control.

Ildamos

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:17 am »
You joined just this year and have already made 700 posts? Impressive.

Thanks man!

I remember earlier versions had a first-person view hotkey. Was it "alt"? (I'm at the office now so I can't test this.)

Also, why are there so many "Joy__" key bindings? It's confusing. You guys might want to change this in future versions. This will befuddle players who aren't tech-savvy. 

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:55:09 am »
I remember earlier versions had a first-person view hotkey. Was it "alt"? (I'm at the office now so I can't test this.)

There is no first-person view feature in the game anymore. ( And it was 'V'. :P )

Also, why are there so many "Joy__" key bindings? It's confusing. You guys might want to change this in future versions. This will befuddle players who aren't tech-savvy. 

Because the game can be controlled via Joysticks/gamepads. It's not confusing imho, I think most of the players know what a JOY is as they know what a MOUSE is as well. Were you looking for JOY* buttons on your keyboard? Lol. :)

-geever

Ildamos

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:31 am »
There is no first-person view feature in the game anymore. ( And it was 'V'. Tongue )

Why? It was cool.

Because the game can be controlled via Joysticks/gamepads. It's not confusing imho, I think most of the players know what a JOY is as they know what a MOUSE is as well. Were you looking for JOY* buttons on your keyboard? Lol.

Of course not.  :P The problem is there are several commands bound to "Joy*"s. Usually bound keys can be clicked and a player can reassign other keys to the field. With UFO: AI, there's no simple way to do this. This is what I meant by "This will befuddle players who aren't tech-savvy."

How do I bind them to keyboard keys? Thanks!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 12:48:14 pm »
How do I bind them to keyboard keys? Thanks!

You can edit keys.cfg or type into the game console. I think the game will save it on exit but not 100% sure on this.

-geever

Ildamos

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
Ok Geever thanks!

This is one feature devs should implement in future versions --- rebinding keys using the interface.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 07:16:58 pm »
Btw., I also would like to have something like the first-person-view back. ;)

Maybe we will see it reimplemented for 2.4+ ?!