project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weapons desapeared  (Read 5825 times)

donutman

Weapons desapeared
« on: March 24, 2006, 06:13:57 pm »
I buy weapons and then i equip my team but when the mission start some of my units don't have a weapon on them, they are also desapeared at base. I found myself that i have less and less weapons (armors and stuff).
I supose knifes don't get used and have to buy new ones...

I remember playing UFO-2 and i never had those problems.

When a mision over should i take the weapons aliens drop or they will automaticly apear on my base?

Anyway... CONGRATS for this version of one of the best games ever... since this is just a beta i'm waiting impatient for the final version.

Thanks to all the staff working on the game

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Weapons desapeared
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:21:01 pm »
This is a known bug. See the bugtracker.

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapons desapeared
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 11:46:48 am »
Personally, I think fixing this and other weapons related bugs should be priority 1 for the dev team, because once these issues are fixed, the beta will at least be playable at all.
NOW one can play through a max of two or three scenarios before one of these bugs kick in and one is forced to start a new game.

The fact that alien weapons are not usable until researched however is okay IMO. But the they should probably not be displayed in the equipment screen or the equipment buying screen to avoid confusion.

Hoehrer

Weapons desapeared
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 03:03:08 pm »
I agree that all these bugs are pretty annoying and should therefore be handled with higher priority that others. Especially since you only know if it's working or not after a longer time of playing and not immediately.

EDIT buglist moved to
http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=337#337

Werner

Hoehrer

Plea to the comunity to help fix inventory/equipment bugs.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 04:26:15 pm »
Plea to the comunity to help fix inventory/equipment bugs.

EDIT: Moved to seperate topic:
http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=337#337

Werner

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapons desapeared
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 05:25:12 pm »
Hrrrm, ...
I have DLed the newest SVN binaries and copied the files where they belong.
Now NOTHING works anymore.
Aliens are purple diamonds, and when I try to shoot one I get a message saying "not enough ammo" when I haven't fired a single shot before.
Not to mention that when my grenadier has a grenade in hand that should definitely be enough ammo...

Hoehrer

Weapons desapeared
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:10:04 pm »
Quote from: "Killertomato"
Hrrrm, ...
I have DLed the newest SVN binaries and copied the files where they belong.
Now NOTHING works anymore.
Aliens are purple diamonds, and when I try to shoot one I get a message saying "not enough ammo" when I haven't fired a single shot before.
Not to mention that when my grenadier has a grenade in hand that should definitely be enough ammo...

I can't say much about that, but the svn binaries are quite old already, so there may be heaps of bugs that are already fixed in most current svn.
I dunno if they are generated by an  automatic scriopt, but i doubt it.

Thanks for the info though, it might be better to remove these binaries from download if they are that buggy.

Werner

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapons desapeared
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:56:58 pm »
Well, it's release date is march 30th. That's why I thought they ought to be more recent than the TD2 beta. Especially in the light of your plea I thought the would be some kind of slightly bugfixed version.

Hoehrer

Weapons desapeared
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:19:26 am »
Quote from: "Killertomato"
Well, it's release date is march 30th. That's why I thought they ought to be more recent than the TD2 beta. Especially in the light of your plea I thought the would be some kind of slightly bugfixed version.

Yes, it _is_ more recent than TD2, but i didn't even know this binaries existed until yesterday and even yesterday it still is quite a bit outdated in comparision with the current svn-code :-/

I suspect you are using windows, so i can't really help you getting the most recent binaries since i'm a linux-only user here.
That said i'm sorry i can't help you, but i think we are in need of a TD3 or something in the next time. I'll discuss this with the other devs (if they didn't read this post already)

Werner

Offline Killertomato

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapons desapeared
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 09:22:40 am »
OK, thanks for your efforts. They area greatly appreciated .