project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Why is the "saved game during combat" thread locked?  (Read 24347 times)

Offline poppadrake

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the "saved game during combat" thread locked?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 12:35:07 am »
Holy Gripemunster, Batman!  I hope Mattn and Geever don't get too disgruntled over the griping.  Keep designing "your" game/gameplay and just let the whiners and critics surf on to something else.  This is a neat project.  I don't "like" every detail either, but I don't even have the time to help test, let alone assist in development, so I will just play and enjoy!
Kudos to ya'.

Offline Fox

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:24 pm »
Hi everybody
I'm new and I just want to say one thing:
I yearn to play ufoai ! But I have a great problem : lack of time : I can stay infront of my pc for 15-20min max every 3-4 days (this is due to my little son who rightly needs my attention). So the savegame in battlescape option would be very helpful for me otherwise I can't really play this game.
I deeply understand the devs decision but what I want to say is: if many ppl are asking you to add this option or something similar (many suggestion seem interesting)... please think about it or just say that you ( you that can) will think about it after the game is finished.
This is a prayer
Thanks for creating this game.
By

Offline LtCustard

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 07:37:11 pm »
When I get interrupted during a battle, I simply minimise UFO-AI; if I can't be back within a few minutes I set the computer to standby/sleep/hibernate. To the best of my knowledge, it's always possible to resume a game after it was minimised as long as you pause it before minimising.

Offline nerf5000

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 07:58:58 am »
LOL @ the thread that will not go silently into the night

Offline evilhamburger

• Rookie
  • It's not a bug, It's just an unexpected "feature"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2010, 10:41:46 am »
I've only read the first page on this thread, but my 2c would be this.

1. It would not be that hard to code a save feature for this, a properly designed save game format would not even break current savegames. (IE people can make it themselves, without breaking current savegames provided the save format supports expansion)

2. As said in an above post, there is no need to save. Simply pausing the game and minimising, then hibernating, works fine.

If you need to save and go back to a specific point.... Why?
If you lose, you lose. Go back to your base and hire some new soldiers and fit them out with new equipment. Problem solved.

I have only ever lost a battle once (I've only been playing a week, things may change :P), it was on hard difficulty and I entered the battle with a 4 man team (out of soldiers to hire). I lost miserably. But just because I lost does not mean I go back and replay it 100 times to win it, or that I want to save every 3 seconds during a battle.

Just my rant.
~evilhamburger();