project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Screen resolution change crash.  (Read 7112 times)

Offline mulder

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Screen resolution change crash.
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:31:09 pm »
Hi,

the game crashes without notice when trying to change screen resolution or switch to full screen.
I'm running Windows Vista, 1280x800 screen, on Acer Travelmate 5720G with ATI Mobility Radeon.
No other graphics bugs or problems so far, just this crash.

Offline bushy

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Screen resolution change crash.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 01:00:10 pm »
Hi,

the game crashes without notice when trying to change screen resolution or switch to full screen.
I'm running Windows Vista, 1280x800 screen, on Acer Travelmate 5720G with ATI Mobility Radeon.
No other graphics bugs or problems so far, just this crash.

I've noticed a similar problem, changing the resolution doesn't cause problems but changing to full screen it crashes.
I do however have a good workaround that consistently works :)

start up ufoai, once you get to the first menu where you can go into options, go back to desktop and start another instance of the game.
When this second instance gets to the menu, go into options, change to full screen and it will do so without crashing.  will also cycle through the other instance so leave it a sec or 2 to catch up with itself!
Not sure why it does that but i've succesfully played for hours like this!

I did try Compatibility mode for XP too in case it was a win7 glitch but didn't seem to make a diffeerence.

Running Windows 7, 2gb ram, Athlon XP 2400+ and an nvidia graphics card, will edit specs with more detail when i'm at home!

Offline Kneecap

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »
I got the same problem.

Im running VISTA - 4GB RAM - Quad CPU Q8200 - Nvidia Gfx card.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:39:50 pm »
If updating the drivers to the latest ones doesn't help, you're out of luck. In any case it is better to download a development version of the 2.3 path, since the 2.2.1 version is very, very old and significantly out of date. The 2.2.1 version also does not have a complete campaign, the 2.3 has (more or less, since it has a temporary shortened ending compared to what is ultimately planned).

You can go to the Windows subforum to find installers, but in a few days the old savegames won't work anymore and they will post a new installer when that happens.

Don't be afraid to try it.