project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ufo.exe.manifest missing  (Read 5097 times)

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
ufo.exe.manifest missing
« on: July 11, 2009, 07:40:19 am »
I downloaded Odie's latest build UFOAI 2.3 R25071 Developer's Built, but compiling it fails due to missing ufo.exe.manifest.
Uh, are some files missing from this download that I need to get from somewhere else? Or did I just build it wrong somehow?

Right now I'm suspecting a manifest file is not something I actually need to compile, since it appears to be a "Windows Visual Stylesheet XML File", which doesn't make much sense to me. So, what did I do wrong?

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: ufo.exe.manifest missing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:51:46 am »
I thing Odie upload binaries... then i dont know what you want to build. If you want to build the software, u should use SVN .

Anyway, manifest is into build/projects/ufo.exe.manifest, and is embedded with resources into ufo.exe

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:13:42 pm »
if you tried to compile the source code that is included in the installers, then please wait for the next installer odie or someone else is uploading and try again. the manifest file was missing in the installer script (and this should be fixed now)

odie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
I downloaded Odie's latest build UFOAI 2.3 R25071 Developer's Built, but compiling it fails due to missing ufo.exe.manifest.
Uh, are some files missing from this download that I need to get from somewhere else? Or did I just build it wrong somehow?

Right now I'm suspecting a manifest file is not something I actually need to compile, since it appears to be a "Windows Visual Stylesheet XML File", which doesn't make much sense to me. So, what did I do wrong?

Hi criusmac,

Bayo is right - The files i have been uploading are binaries which are installers (think of them as installers like those in CDs u bought from stores). They do not contain the files u need for compiling. For these u will need to download the SVN.

But i believed if u r good enuf in understanding the file structures, u could download these and save your bsp files compilations as well as a huge chunk of the files from the svn. Though u will have a massive time trying to parse it. Therefore, if u do not have extensive knowledge of these files, go thru the wikis and download SVN, get eclipse/codeblocks, then compile them and run from there.

Mattn was also clear enough to point out that this is a installer (built from NSIS installer script). If u r trying to build your own installer from my binaries - i am sorry, u wont be able to. Many files have been excluded from the installer (as the NSIS script does not compile those - esp the map files and models, since they would have already been compiled into bsp maps).

Mattn: Thanks for the clarifications on the manifest file. Was wondering if that was missing for a long time, but i did not bother, since the game went on running. :P

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 07:58:37 am »
Bayo is right - The files i have been uploading are binaries which are installers (think of them as installers like those in CDs u bought from stores). They do not contain the files u need for compiling. For these u will need to download the SVN.

They do contain the source files. At least if you are using the nsi installer script that we provide.

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:09:39 pm »
Thank you, only the ufo.exe.manifest was missing. After downloading it via someone's link, the game compiles great.

odie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:04 pm »
Thank you, only the ufo.exe.manifest was missing. After downloading it via someone's link, the game compiles great.

Being curious, u mentioned downloading it via 'someone's link'??

Why not just download the correct one (and latest) from the UFOAI SVN??

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:00:33 pm »
Being curious, u mentioned downloading it via 'someone's link'??

Why not just download the correct one (and latest) from the UFOAI SVN??

Someone's link was a direct link to the svn's web interface. ;)
He didn't want to download the whole trunk. However it's recommended for developing.

-geever

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 09:05:43 pm »
but due to the report we could at least fix the nsi script ;)

so thanks again

odie

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:25 am »
Ah,

Enlightened! Thanks Mattn and geever!

I did not know that ufo.exe was missing from the last few svn trunks in the NSIS. :D

But how was it that i managed to compile 25071 and managed to run it from home? I did a clean uninstall of old versions always before installing the new revisions. Same for 25071. And i got the ufo.exe there. *bewildered again*. haha. :P

This only occurred sometime between 25071 and 25148?

I checked my nsis script and it contains:
Code: [Select]
File "..\..\..\ufo.exe"

:D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 10:40:11 am »
I did not know that ufo.exe was missing from the last few svn trunks in the NSIS. :D

Because it wasn't. We're speaking about ufo.exe.manifest file.

-geever

odie

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 06:08:16 am »
Because it wasn't. We're speaking about ufo.exe.manifest file.

-geever

!!!

Okie! Omg, my bad.

Then i am lost..... haha. Whats the manifest file all abt then?? (/path?)