2 (12.5%)
could use a lil improvement
2 (12.5%)
no
1 (6.3%)
Already suggested
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: other Human Armed forces? & civilian intelligence  (Read 7539 times)

Megakiller

other Human Armed forces? & civilian intelligence
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:29:46 pm »
I have an idea that civillians will sometimes have cops with pistols who shoot aliens on sight. With a high saturation of XVI, these cops will shoot your troops, and join alien ranks(assuming XVI leaves SOME intelligence to people). If these cops see other civilians, there is a %75 chance the civilian follows the cop. Also, if the civilians spot on of your soldiers(and the civilians don't have XVI) they will follow them, any cops following your men will shoot aliens on sight, but no reaction fire to simulate inexperince/incopetence(the cops were ment to stop crime, not kill aliens) and they are not directly player coltroled but players can influence their actions(they follow your soldiers as stated earlier) and if your troops leads them within 2 or 3 squares of your dropship, they dissepear from the game world and thier corrosponding countires will start liking PHLANAX a bit more. However, if early stages of XVI is in the bloodstream of a rescuee, this is a chance one or more of your men will be confirmed with XVI and they will have to be killed or taken out of action and treated for a week(taken out of action if thier corrosponding base has a hospital) to prevent the infection spreading to the entire base. The chance for someone to get diagnosed with XVI after a mission is over is the total saturation of a region devided by 2.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: other Human Armed forces? & civilian intelligence
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:34:12 pm »
what is XVI? You havent said what it is.

Megakiller

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:35:54 pm »
according to the wiki it's some kind of desease that assimilates humans into alien culture as slaves.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:16:04 am »
Come on vedrit, get with the program. XVI is the central plot element of UFO:AI and has been so for ages.

Megakiller

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:24:10 am »
obvously the aliens intend on enslaving the human race.
edit: looks liek it was already suggested, could somone delete it for me?

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 07:11:38 am »
Im just the animator. I dont spend hours purusing the wiki.
And I doubt many others will either.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:16:27 pm »
But I've seen you joining discussions that have to do with the game design. How can you do that when you don't know what the game is about? Besides, it's not like the forum isn't full of references to XVI as well.

odie

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 02:43:21 pm »
what is XVI? You havent said what it is.

Wow, i am surprised u did not know this vedrit....

UFOAI XVI's Concept on Wiki

Its basically what we are fighting to destroy - an alien virus that infects us, causing us to become 'part of em'.

We are fighting really this virus!

And finding the 'cure' for the deadly parasite...... the vaccine!

Maybe, for all we know, we need to inject this into the 'brain' to kill it!? lol

Man, u should be kok-ed on the head......  >:(

Offline PhilRoi

• Rookie
  • EMT and Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 04:38:06 pm »
I am re-vamping the Human/Alien AI right now.  Yes in the future there will be armed types(police/military/ gun nut) around.  yes they will show many diffrent types of realistic behaviors.  No need to beat this horse.   it's dead.  We are just waiting for the next version to be delivered when i can get some time to work on it.  I'm in a war zone so free time to work on it is sometimes in short supply.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 07:09:45 pm »
Besides, it's not like the forum isn't full of references to XVI as well.

First time Ive seen it.

Anywho, debating it would be off-topic.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 01:03:03 am »
I am just happy when I see civilians who can fight back - even if they suck at it or are dumb :D

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 01:24:31 am »
I believe this "feature" already exists as a bug, at least in the latest stable (2.2.1).

If you don't know, a civilian picks up a weapon and shoots you.

odie

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 05:13:42 am »
I believe this "feature" already exists as a bug, at least in the latest stable (2.2.1).

Haha. its no longer in current built. Have not seen such a 'nut' in eons.

On a more serious note, dun bother abt this. Alot of the folks are thinking and suggesting tons of things whilst i believe its already conceptualized and worked on.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »

lol
yeah, i think i have read it (havent experienced it myself yet), but I'd rather want them
to shoot at aliens instead :D

Offline Gunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:49:05 am »
have to say it somewhat fixes a issue with reality

the aliens land in a city and massacrer everyone and nothing the military can do can stop them. yet a few simple burst of automatic rifle fires can wipe out the aliens when they face Phalanx. so the aliens should be much tougher but with local military adding to your fire-power offsetting this somewhat. of course as the missions go on the aliens get tougher and the human military doesn't so more and more pressure is on the Phalanx troops with there more advanced weapons and armour. probably to the point where the Non Phalanx troop are just getting in the way or even a threat if under alien control.

one thing that would be nice is a new melee attack "Shove" on performing a shove attack the Neutral friendly or hostile unit is forced to move 1 square in the direction of the shove, with a lose of TU's equal to the movement, it they do not have the TU's available then is taken from the next turn. just so you can move the annoying person that is standing in the doorway you are trying to get through.

this currently is only a minor annoyance but increase the number of neutral on the battlefield and that will change
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:50:54 am by Gunner »