project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A simple idea for 2.2.2 - time increasing difficulty  (Read 2640 times)

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
A simple idea for 2.2.2 - time increasing difficulty
« on: April 04, 2009, 12:08:26 am »
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they've finished 2.2.1 -- they reach the point where there's nothing new to research, and the battles are all easy.

Since 2.3 seems to be a while off, how about a simple quick-n-dirty patch for 2.2.2 -- increase the difficulty with time. Yes, you get more powerful, but the aliens do also. National funding decreases to zero, so you have to rely on UFO parts and manufacturing. Eventually you'll actually go broke or get wiped out.

Baal

Re: A simple idea for 2.2.2 - time increasing difficulty
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
There could be more UFOs, aliens could be have better equipment, because they would have underestimated PHALLANX resistance. But if you manage the aliens and the virus, why should you loose anyway ?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:48:59 pm »
The thing with 2.2 is that the missions are basically scripted. Increased difficulty over time requires a whole new campaign framework, such as the one implemented in the development version.

odie

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:47:12 am »
I've noticed a lot of people saying that they've finished 2.2.1 -- they reach the point where there's nothing new to research, and the battles are all easy.

Since 2.3 seems to be a while off, how about a simple quick-n-dirty patch for 2.2.2 -- increase the difficulty with time. Yes, you get more powerful, but the aliens do also. National funding decreases to zero, so you have to rely on UFO parts and manufacturing. Eventually you'll actually go broke or get wiped out.

Hi, i believe that this is currently not in development (2.2). Wait for the 2.3 ok?

Else, can help beta test 2.3 which has alot of beta releases?? :P

Offline keybounce

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 06:28:52 am »
I have been testing 2.3 on ppc mac, and finding some nice byte-swap issues.

Graphics in battle are still a disaster.