project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: I just got shot by a civvie!!??!!  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Coconut Jonlan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I just got shot by a civvie!!??!!
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:49:42 am »

I'm having a crack at the very hard difficulty level right now, and something really odd just happened on the Army base mission.

I killed a bunch of aliens around the left entrance, and as I was sweeping the base for the remaining few aliens, one of my guys was shot in the back - I turned around and there was a civvy holding a plasma pistol.

WTF??

Should have taken a screenshot but forgot

but I say again:

WTF???

Offline GopherLemming

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: I just got shot by a civvie!!??!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:17:36 am »
I killed a bunch of aliens around the left entrance, and as I was sweeping the base for the remaining few aliens, one of my guys was shot in the back - I turned around and there was a civvy holding a plasma pistol.

Civilian attacks are part of the storyline, though I didn't know it had been implemented. How many months have you played (ingame)?

odie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:11:23 am »
WOW! Is that even planned already??
Yes, my same question - how mani months are u into the game already? (Game time).

Do u remember which map (scenario) was it??

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:18 am »
Indeed, hostile civilians are on the drawing board, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't implemented yet. But I've been wrong before.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:47:56 pm »
Sounds pretty fine in principle - civilians do things! - although that guy seemed to have been on drugs:
Taking an alien weapon (!) to murder a guy who fights aliens (!!)... maybe he was bribed or corrupted....

odie

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 05:37:22 am »
Indeed, hostile civilians are on the drawing board, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't implemented yet. But I've been wrong before.

WOW! The heck! Question BTAxis, does it mean if its a hostile civi, they'll be boxed red?? And if so, and if we kill em, its not going to lower the countries' happiness (ratings)? :P

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 09:09:41 am »
Yeah, they'll count as enemies, but the countries won't like you killing them very much. We intend for a mechanic where you can "cure" them (or at least neutralize them pending such a cure) based on the bio warfare tech tree that we didn't make yet. The same goes for civilians infected during the mission, though you will still score lower than when they never got infected in the first place.

odie

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 01:47:03 pm »
Yeah, they'll count as enemies, but the countries won't like you killing them very much. We intend for a mechanic where you can "cure" them (or at least neutralize them pending such a cure) based on the bio warfare tech tree that we didn't make yet. The same goes for civilians infected during the mission, though you will still score lower than when they never got infected in the first place.

Ooooo, does that means its going to be some sorta of a epidemic / virus the alien is intending to inflict on the humankind? Where there is some sorta of spreading?

If so, sounds like UFO Afterlight and such..... where an ultimate cure will be required.
I tot i remember seeing this in an old pdf roadmap some long long time ago, in version 2.1? Hmmmmm......

And oh, if so, i guess soldiers will have to carry such 'transquilisers' shots into battlefield in future when a cure is found? :P
And can i suggest:
1) That this antitode can also be gas form (Think tear gas).
2) That the kills does not go into counting for the rankings? (I noticed that a soldier cannot kill X nos of soldiers to get promoted......)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:35 pm »
Antidote will most liketly be restricted to injections. As for rankings, 2.3 uses a different system anyway.

odie

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 03:24:03 am »
Antidote will most liketly be restricted to injections. As for rankings, 2.3 uses a different system anyway.

Ic ic on the injections. I thnk its a good idea too. But being curious, ever tot of a finale on how the entire human race could be 'cured' by mass deployment via say, gas bombs? or EMP blast? :P (Just watched Matrix Triology over the wkend).

As for rankings, i have noticed that. Am looking at whether i can do something abt that. :P

Offline MITSGS John

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 03:16:24 pm »
I haven't encountered the hostile civilians yet (though I always have a stun rod or two around for the won't-get-out-of-the-way civs). But on a related note, once on the "Roma" map the aliens, as usual, holed up in the corner store on the bottom right. What wasn't usual was that the aliens had their own little shootout in there and left only one for me to finish off. Does the game allow for the mind-enslaved Ortnok going Cylon on their masters? Were they panicked? Or was it a bug?