project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Musician wanting to contribute  (Read 9993 times)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Musician wanting to contribute
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 01:56:23 pm »
Is it possible to set loop points that has the left locator a bit into the song? Or does it have to be something that loops aaall the way from the beginning?

The latter, I'm afraid. The only format I know of that allows looping back to a specific point is tracked music (s3m/mod/it/xm...)

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 03:54:29 pm »
Is it possible to set loop points that has the left locator a bit into the song? Or does it have to be something that loops aaall the way from the beginning?

it really has to loop aaall the way from the beginning

tackle

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 06:19:27 pm »
okey then, we'll loop it aaall the way from the beginning!

Is there some way I can see a reference to what tracks are used for what purpose? All the tracks have their names, sure, but they aren't always that informative.

I assume you use multiple tracks for ground combat, and that they are randomized when it comes to which track will be played, right?

SpaceWombat

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 07:47:58 pm »
Nice track. It definitly sounds better than the current geoscope soundtrack if you listen to it for a longer time.  :o

How about several geoscope music tracks? Or maybe give the crowd a little candy and let them choose which track they wanna listen to like some "built in .ogg player"?  ;D

Blywulf

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 12:12:48 pm »
Good job tackle, that track sounds a lot better than the current one. I do hope you'll keep on contributing.
I also like SpaceWombat's idea - players should be allowed to choose their favourite track. :)

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 07:39:04 pm »
Heh, I think it'd actually be an interesting idea to let players attach specific tracks/playlists to particular game screens, including their own tracks.

Maybe someday. :P

Regards,
Winter