project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Trouble starting 2.2  (Read 58822 times)

gammerz

Re: Trouble starting 2.2
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2009, 05:39:30 pm »
My "video initialisation" section DOES contain the 3 "bad" lines you mention and there is NO "open GL" option on my nvidia driver. So looks like I can't run it? Thanks to Geever & Odi for your help.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 06:03:12 pm »
My "video initialisation" section DOES contain the 3 "bad" lines you mention and there is NO "open GL" option on my nvidia driver. So looks like I can't run it? Thanks to Geever & Odi for your help.

You should find an openGL driver for your videocard. Then It will work (hopefuilly).

-geever

odie

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2009, 05:27:03 am »

The name's "geever" (Small Letters in Forum's Nick) and "odie" (with an e.... haha.)

Actually, other than the graphics card, i still want to suspect one more thing..... did u tweaked your PC to turn off hardware accelerations??

I assume u r on WIN XP (Pro / Home, does not matter, even win 2000 and 98 looks same)
Make sure you "Turn ON your Hardware Acceleration."

Here's a tutorial on how to turn off the hardware acceleration.
Instead of pulling the bar to off, turn it to max and see if it works.

If however, acceleration is already maxed, i am sorry. U have to change your graphics card..... (intel sux - Intelligent my foot.... lol.)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:06 pm »
@odie, it's about opengl as I wrote before: The Microsoft opengl.dll doesn't support hardware acceleration, he should use video card manufacturer's opengl driver.

-geever

odie

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2009, 04:40:22 am »
@odie, it's about opengl as I wrote before: The Microsoft opengl.dll doesn't support hardware acceleration, he should use video card manufacturer's opengl driver.

-geever

Oh! *Enlightened suddenly*.

He's using MS OpenGL! Aiyoz, why not just Reinstall the Nvidia / His original Graphics Card's drivers and OpenGL to solve the whole issue?

*If you have a choice not to use Microsoft's products, always choose it*.

Thanks. Yupz.

Offline Kiashu

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2010, 10:30:51 am »
I had this problem.

I have an eeepc 1101HA. This has Intel Atom processor (dual 1.33Ghz, 2Gb RAM) which has the GMA500 chipset. Intel got some guys called Tungsten to do the graphics stuff, this is why though Intel stuff is all open to Linux and generally works, the GMA500 is a mess.

The solution is updated drivers from Intel. This is described with download links here.

Now if only I could make Oolite visible, and get the recent mods on Mount & Blade to stop giving me RGL errors. Tungsten suxxorz.

Offline Emileneth

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2010, 01:12:10 am »
I have the same trouble with my Eee PC 900HA

I don't think that it's a driver trouble, as its OpenGL capable, ex. i can run Eve online, Dungeons & Dragons online too.

The intel driver allows for some tweaking not as much as the nvidia or ati cards

The card haves not Transform & Lightning on hardware and but the driver provides software T&L capabilities

The native resolution for the screen is on 1024x600 and therefore the game shows a "no hardware accelerator found" error, but I can change the res to 1024x768 and the game runs then switch back to 1024x600, with game ress set to 800x600 runs fine.

Devs could correct this message to give more info on the specific trouble

The driver haves a "compressed mode" to use 1024x768 apps in screen ress of 1024x600 but it slows down performance a lot as each frame has to be scaled to fit

Support for 1024x600 would be nice
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:31:06 am by Emileneth »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2010, 10:02:36 am »
Support for 1024x600 would be nice

In 2.3, we support for 1024x600. In 2.2.x hmm. I've seen 1024x640 only, sorry.

-geever

Offline ufoai

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2010, 12:29:08 am »
What worked for me (AMD Radeon 3650 on Catalyst 10-2):

Change HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers\ati2dvag\Dll from "atioglx2.dll" to ''atioglxx.dll'

Offline srs008

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »
i had same problem on my little netbook. it's opengl settings specific to your video card. i am running on a acer d255e netbook, graphics card is a "Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150"

just mess with opengl settings (on intel graphics utility it's under 3d settings) just drop everything off, or low, then tinker till it stops working. then you know what it is on YOUR machine. good luck guys

it is a graphics driver issue, seen on low end gfx cards. means your opengl settings too high for your gfx card to handle... short of writing a registry file for EACH INDIVIDUAL graphics card model. nothing dev's can do for this one...

Offline Kobura

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2011, 04:16:09 am »
Epic necropostilia.

Offline kosta

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 09:27:57 pm »
I have windows xp. service pack 3, but after starting the game(release version) i can only see black screen on the place of map