project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Particle and sound needed: Electrolaser  (Read 13055 times)

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Particle and sound needed: Electrolaser
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 10:35:36 pm »
Quote from: "BlakeD"
I'll see what I can do.  Give me some time... I'll tell you up front, I'll be aiming for creating roughly the same sound, I'll just do it with a other sources... I say that so you won't be freaked out if the new one sounds similar to the old.

That is pretty OK as long as you take the sources with proper licenses and give us the info (see the other topic where I just mentioned CC licenses which are "valid" for us; also GPL is OK).
Quote from: "BlakeD"
Is the Videos.Google source an okay one?

As long as the files in there are released under proper licenses - yes. But somehow I doubt it.

Offline BlakeD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 08:43:38 pm »
There's a new version on my FTP server:

ftp://12.149.180.130/UFO AI Sounds.zip

Included in the ZIP are the source files from the http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/  website someone linked before.  (I'm assuming this site will be found to be a kosher source; if not, I'm not sure I want to screw with this much more.)  The only additional materials are the video clip that Winter linked, and a set of sweeping logimetric sine waves that I generated and freely relinquish all rights to over to the project.

I'm thinking of playing with the sound a bit more, but am torn... The build-up can either be the laser, or it could be the eletricals generating the needed charge.  Not sure how it would be.

Feedback is always welcome.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:05 pm »
i don't think that the google video will be good as source - there is no statement about the license there.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 10:19:15 pm »
could you please also provide the info which sound based on which files? which is entirely yours and what the licenses are in special?

Offline BlakeD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 08:48:12 am »
Okay, I posted a new file on my FTP server.

It has:
 GeoScape Sound 2, 3, 4, and 6.  These were all created entirely by me via sine waves.  I will release them under whatever license you find easiest / most convienent.

ElectroLaser - This is a composite of sine waves from me, and samples from other sounds that I have put into the ElectroLaser Sources folder.

The READ_ME has the full description of what sounds the Electrolaser is composed of, the license it was released under, and a link to the source page for THAT SPECIFIC sound so if you need it, you have it.

I hope that's enough for you guys.  Let me know.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 12:03:52 pm »
Yes, that is pretty enough. Your sounds are commited to repository and will be enabled soon. Thank you very much.

Offline BlakeD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50:35 pm »
What can I build next? =)

Yeah, decided I'm not done yet... I want to play around some more.  Need more Geoscape sounds?

BTW - If I can get some donated time from a local recording studio, I'm going to TRY and convince my wife to do some female combat sounds / screams for us.  Doubt I'll get the time, and even more, I doubt my wife will agree...  But I'll try.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:49 am »
Take a look at "[WANTED] footsteps sounds" topic.

Offline sai`ke

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Particle and sound needed: Electrolaser
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »
Can you use these for something? I was trying to get a rave thing done on a synth and got something that sounded very electrical so I figured you guys might be able to use it. I made various wave dumps of it. Short and long ones playing different notes. Feel free to improve.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/22fzx0

Also, footsteps are a bitch to record. You really need a good mic and noisefree environment to get proper samples of that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:58:21 pm by sai`ke »

Offline sai`ke

• Rookie
    • View Profile

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Particle and sound needed: Electrolaser
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 09:06:44 am »
did you made them? what is the license of the samples?