project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: It's a cold winter :P  (Read 2834 times)

Gedaliah

It's a cold winter :P
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:09:15 pm »
Just reading though the To-do list ,and saw a few of Winter's suggestions. Seems a bit dark, on the order of the human player is little more then a pea shooter that can maybe hope to get one shot off before the entire planet is blown to tiny bits.

I have a question about the research tree proposals. Bbasically the tree is opened and closed based on what you have researched at the moument. Example, if you don't have the one of the UFOs research when you research project <X> you don't get the BFG 5000 ever, at any point during the game.

So is the permanent, and our science staff as sharp as a perfect sphere? Or can they at some point connect the dots?

Another question, your suggestion that we be able to deploy SAM sites, and radar posts that are easily bombed out of existence, on a regular basis. My question: How can the UFO disearn them from say, air traffic control , a US Coastguard boay,or a weather station? For that matter why use a active detection system at all?

If the UFO's are so keen on using out of this world power generation, the EM field's that puts out , or what it would have to absorb in the case of a Faraday Cage, and it's volume should stick out like a the star going super nova one mile off the surface of the earth. If the earth's magnetic field didn't luminance in the first place, like the Aurora Borealis or Aurora Australis.

Offline Redtide

• Rookie
    • View Profile
It's a cold winter :P
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 08:52:21 pm »
I always thought the original scientists were pretty dense. "Must find out how to load clip into plasma. *INSERTS CLIP* Breakthrough! Breakthrough!" I could understand the stun gun and blaster launcher but a plasma gun that looks just like human guns, please!

Just reminiscing.