project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: map glitches falconcrash & spedition  (Read 2404 times)

The Dude

map glitches falconcrash & spedition
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:01:59 am »
I'm using RC6 so no idea if the following is fixed already, but I found nothing on the forum and bugtracker.

mission spedition (map spedition06)

While walking up the stairs to the roof my trooper fell through the last tile and was trapped under the stairs.

mission falconcrash (map falcon_crash04)

Trooper got trapped on the debris. Also my men got shot down in the transport through the apparently thin walls. Don't know if this is a general problem.

I tried to run specific missions with the mission command, but then I have no troops in the field. Is there a way to trigger missions on the geoscape?

HaJo

Re: map glitches falconcrash & spedition
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 05:42:37 pm »
Quote from: "The Dude"
I tried to run specific missions with the mission command, but then I have no troops in the field.
Is there a way to trigger missions on the geoscape?

You could load a game where a mission is about to begin,
and after the mission starts, open the console and load another map.

See http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287&highlight=map

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 07:24:00 pm »
you could also use the mission command to enter any mission that is defined in missions.ufo - but you should make sure, that you already have at least one base with equipped soldiers and one aircraft. then you should be able to use these soldiers even in games that are started via mission console command

ubequitz

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 09:24:52 pm »
In current dev version of the game I deleted the staircase that lead to the roof in the spedition map.. it served no real tactical purpose since the roof wasn't really walkable. I also fixed the rails so you don't just walk straight through them!

Will try and look into the other map bug you found.