project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: close combat system  (Read 2129 times)

inquisiteur2

close combat system
« on: December 20, 2006, 07:17:24 pm »
Yesterday I thought about the combat system something that would enhance it a little bit.

When a unit engage another one with a close combat weapon (aka Knife, kerrblade, punch dagger, or whatever), the person who is currently using a gun should not be able to quit the combat easly and shoot at short distance.

Let me explain a little bit:

Soldier 1 is equipped with a knife and has 30 move points, he uses 15 move points to sitck to the alien and stab him with 5 pts. There is still 10 points to be used by the soldier 1.

Next turn the alien having already fired once with his reaction fire do only have 12 points left, but now that he is being punched at by the soldier, it he is willing to fire at him a short requires twice more points (lets say 14 points), he choses then to retreat a little bit to avoid the penalty.

In that case the soldier should move automatically in the aliens turn and follow the alien step by step, at least while using his 10 remaining points.

That way the alien could outdistance him with only 4 points.

That way it would be more realistic as during a melee people cannot simply draw their gun, aim during 2 sec and shoot.

Also, the aimed shot should be disabled when a caracter is being charged by an opponent.

2nd that if you think that it may be a good idea,

Cu

Inquisiteur

papabob

close combat system
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 09:18:24 pm »
I think it's not a good idea because it only helps the alien to kill you easier (you know, the system runs both in two directions and if a alien is close to you with a kerrblade you will have little or no chances to survive). I've never attack an alien with a knife, and running away may be a coward option, but it saves lives  :D

inquisiteur2

close combat system
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:45:22 pm »
you are right about the aliens but I was also thinking of th multiplayer option. Even in multiplayer I don't think you will bother yourself using contact weapons at the current state.....