project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: i can't change the language  (Read 6773 times)

kilynet

i can't change the language
« on: December 04, 2006, 03:18:31 am »
Hi! i can't change the language in the game, look this

]/s_language es
...could not set to language: es
]/s_language
"s_language" is "es"

but the game its in english, please help me!. I love this game!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
i can't change the language
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:40:20 am »
are you using linux? or windows? do you have a base/i18n/es/LC_MESSAGES/ufoai.mo file?

if you are using linux, you have to had the locales for es installed on your system, too.

Offline Salvo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: i can't change the language
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
I deleted all the other folders which contained translations except English, the language I wanted. Because I prefer decent English over crappy translation. :)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:56:09 pm »
Aand?
The game is using "C" ("No language" option) If doesn't find any suitable; which is English, but long texts as mails and research articles are just referring tokens. Deleting other translations doesn't help for who wanna set up the game for his/her language.

-geever

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 06:33:29 pm »
I also don't see the point in deleting files like that, and also, what was the point of the comment in this thread after the first two, which were dated way back from 2006?  Is the original issue/bug even relevant anymore in the current version?

odie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:04:54 am »
I deleted all the other folders which contained translations except English, the language I wanted. Because I prefer decent English over crappy translation. :)

Salvo:

Eh, why did u blog dig a thread that was 3 years old??

PS: For info, the point listed does not even seemed relevant, besides, blog-digging an old irrelevant issue is considered rude.... -.-"

PS2: And ahem. I believe quite a number of the translators out there deserved more credits than being put off as 'crappy'. I personally read Chinese (Simplified and traditional, mind u) and a little french. What has been done for those languages, they are GOOD. So, before you fire someone wrongly when in the wrong - do some soul searching.

HMMMMPH.