project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [map] Minor errors  (Read 13797 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: [map] Minor errors
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 02:45:47 am »
v2.5
Bungalow
Though it may be unavoidable, those nice beams on each side of the entrance do twist the logical path (indoors only), and this is quite an important location, tactically wise.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 07:39:25 am »
Changed this in master. Thanks for reporting.

Btw, map is called 'Estate'.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 12:15:29 am »
I confess I figured it was Bungalow because it was a wooden building (I hadn't took note of the map name upon entering the battle)  :-[

Fighter UFO Crash Site

• Very small clipping: at the small black dot location
  • Shoot through rock or something (look at the aiming line). Indeed, the entire block is suspect to me, not only this small rock. Even an alien more north down these rocks (and supposedly on a lower height and fully covered) may be hit (at least by a sniper rifle). Could you check those surfaces' properties?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 07:25:23 am »
I confess I figured it was Bungalow because it was a wooden building (I hadn't took note of the map name upon entering the battle)  :-[

You can find the name of the map in the console/logfile.

About 2) - the hit chance calculation is sometimes way off. Sometimes I feel like it is worst when you shoot upwards. This is not about the map.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 08:11:32 am »

Fighter UFO Crash Site

• Very small clipping: at the small black dot location
  • Shoot through rock or something (look at the aiming line). Indeed, the entire block is suspect to me, not only this small rock. Even an alien more north down these rocks (and supposedly on a lower height and fully covered) may be hit (at least by a sniper rifle). Could you check those surfaces' properties?

1) Should be fixed in master.
2) I found lots of brushes marked as 'window', probably by accident - no idea if this might have caused the problem.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 04:36:48 pm »
Jungle
(Corruption mission)

I don't know if this a bug per se, or a simple mistake, or unavoidable effect, but I found that the jungle tiles on which a Corrupter UFO has landed "reflect the sun" in a strange manner.

1. A shiny light effect appears at the center of the screen, always with the same size no matter the zoom.

2. This white dot is displayed only when the center of the screen is on a square belonging to those jungle tiles where the Corrupter is assembled.

On the screenshot, we can see that those jungle tiles are more glossy as well.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 08:58:52 am »
Jungle
(Corruption mission)

I don't know if this a bug per se, or a simple mistake, or unavoidable effect, but I found that the jungle tiles on which a Corrupter UFO has landed "reflect the sun" in a strange manner.

1. A shiny light effect appears at the center of the screen, always with the same size no matter the zoom.

2. This white dot is displayed only when the center of the screen is on a square belonging to those jungle tiles where the Corrupter is assembled.

On the screenshot, we can see that those jungle tiles are more glossy as well.

I added a normalmap for the texture, which should solve the problem.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
2) I found lots of brushes marked as 'window', probably by accident - no idea if this might have caused the problem.
Then I remember another map (I took some screenshots at this time) where an alien could be seen through another rock. I knew that inter-level junctions were suspect (such as when you can see and/or shoot between the top of a wall and the flat roof above), so I didn't report this. But now that you report window surfaces applied on rocks, perhaps it's the same on this map.

African Village

The CBS was spotted (model is displayed and a tooltip appears on hover) despite being seemingly correctly covered (or is it on a slightly higher level?)
I hope you can confirm the map's name thanks to the large scale view.

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »
1) Frozen Landscape

What a scary map, by night!

Indeed, playing it at night let me see an odd reflection of the "fire light" on the UFO wreckage.

2) (I don't remember the map's name, and I didn't think about looking at the log in due time)
There's a train station, a small tunnel, indoors and outdoors market,  one house and pavements.

Is this an engine bug, or a map element to be corrected?
The door was displayed as being active whereas this soldier Al Ghadban is at a lesser level, and quite afar from it. I noticed the effect when the soldier was hiding on the stairs' side, and it persisted when I moved him (until second screenshot position). The effect didn't happen for any other soldier.

I don't remember if this magic soldier was the one who opened the door in first place.

3) Mart or Supermarket
(map with large, non playable towers all around)

Perhaps, it's needed so that the aliens aren't trapped, but one door is not active (whereas the other one a few squares to the left is active).

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »
Estate
2nd floor (us: 3rd floor?): you can't circle around any of the two lateral stairs.
Perhaps this hinders the AI too (the aliens being less prone to snipes through these windows?)?

Harvester model
Base floor, the player may find that those two missing squares are unfair!