project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Crap mules and broke Nannycams  (Read 6120 times)

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Crap mules and broke Nannycams
« on: November 03, 2014, 01:54:51 am »
Hey all, love 2.5 and US in general.  I am, unfortunately, having some hang ups.

I have one base (out of five) that can only transfer 12 items of alien material to any other base. Sometimes, it's only 2, others, 6. The receiving base/s have PLENTY of room for recieving (I can make multiple transfer of 12). The only thing at the sending base is an interceptor bay. Any suggestions?

Also, I see all these awesomely animated security cameras inside and outside the base. Sadly, after hope full searching and attempts that failed, I can't seem to access them. Which means base defense is...rough. I've stood in the little room in the command center, even had one soldier looking at the blank screens and one guarding his back. All failed. So...  got any ideas of what I'm missing?

Thanks

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Crap mules and broke Nannycams
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:25 pm »
Could you attach your savegame and tell me from which base you cannot transfer more AM?

thx.
-geever

Offline hoiba

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:31:28 am »
....I can't seem to access them....

Does this mean you try to find some kind of menu or interface to access the cameras?

If 'YES' .. then you won't find any. It works work as soon as you have one of your soldiers in the Video-Room. If an alien passes a camera, you will see it move, even if there is no soldier present in the area.

Hoiba

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
I think I always had at least one soldier in movement range of the camera room in my first turn, and I always saw at least a few aliens immediately, sometimes all. Maybe once some aliens are dead, it can happen that all remaining ones are out of camera sight. But the cameras always worked (in bases however).
Be sure you are actually in the camera room, it has several flat screens where pictures of base facilities are shown, the entrance for instance.

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:49 pm »
Thanks for the repreplies.

I don't have any save games of the issue, having uninstalled and reinstalled the game to see if it would fix it.  If it happens again, I'll get you the file.

As for the camera room... there is always two guys in the command room at the start and, in my first move, I move one into the smaller room inside the command room. It's the one the has four monitors in front of a computer. Those screens are black and I have never seen an alien inside or outside of my base without a soldier having eyes on it (camera guy excluded).  I was under the impression ya just need a guy in there...

Offline hoiba

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 09:06:58 am »
That's strange.

Just yesterday I had to fight off some aliens attacking one of my bases. As soon as I had one guy in the camera room I got visual on at least 7-8 aliens outside the base and in the entrance areas. Of course all in range of a camera.

I'm using 2.5 as you do.

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 09:10:41 am »
So, I think this file will work.  It's the base labeled "Africa".

And the Nannycams are still broke. :/

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »
I was under the impression ya just need a guy in there...
That's how it's supposed to be.
Perhaps you are mistakenly using 2.4 still ? The version is written on the starting screen, bottom left.

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 03:48:54 am »
UFO: Alien Invasion 2.5-dev ARM Nov 15, 2012 Lenox DEBUG

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 04:28:19 pm »
Is that a self-compiled binary ? It says DEBUG -  should be RELEASE for a binary that's intended to be used for playing. Use ./configure --enable-release before compiling. This may even let the problem disappear...if this is a bug that somehow only you can reproduce.
And it says November 2012 - perhaps the feature (base cameras) wasn't implemented yet (despite the version) ?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:29:50 pm by anonymissimus »

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 03:42:45 am »
Thank.

How do you do that on an Android tablet?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »
Android tablet
No clue. I was assuming you are at a real computer.
Looking at the commit log, it actually seems that the base cameras were implemented shortly after November 2012, and there are Android-related changes shortly before. So I'm assuming that your UFO:AI version is actually not stable 2.5 but some mid 2.5 development cycle version instead which doesn't yet feature the base cameras (and other things neither - maybe).

Offline Coren

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 09:27:11 am »
Anonymissimus, I'm afraid you are correct.   :-\

Geever, any luck with that game save?  It's getting tedious only being able to transfer a couple of units at a time.  It does it with a couple other things but not consistently, though it limits them at 2 or 1 when it does.  (I feel my sentence structure and wording is poor)

Lastly, does any know when the next update for the android version is going to be?

P.S. thanks for all the input and patience with us non-real computer users...   ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:01 pm »
Geever, any luck with that game save?

Yes, I could load up the save with the last 2.5 code base and it works correctly for computer users.
Unfortunately the android mod is broken Bug#5409. I guess it is specific to the Android related modifications.

-geever

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 11:31:34 pm »
I fixed the bug mentioned before and the Android transfer ui works too, so either an old bug has been fixed or...

-geever