project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About msgids and po files  (Read 2821 times)

papabob

About msgids and po files
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:22:31 am »
Just a question. I'm working in the spanish translation of the msgids of the wiki, but i dont know what to do with the "po" section of each entry. Should I put the "[done]" tag after i finish the translation in the wiki? or this has to be set after the text has been manually added to the po file by the official translator?

I read about a script that includes the wiki contents to the po files, but i dont wnat to break something  :wink:

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
About msgids and po files
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:41:24 am »
no, don't set this to done - they will be marked as done when they are copied into the po files are available in-game. just mark the wiki as done

Offline Damien_DE

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: About msgids and po files
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »
I have a related question and I thought it would be better to bring this thread to the top than making a absolutely new one. Finally I've decided to get Poedit running but right now I'm a bit puzzled about how to work with it. There are a nice deal of UFO:AI entries missing the PO-Files, and I'd like to help adding them. The files or "catalogues" seem to have been chosen because of their format I assume... and my question is: what do we have to add, which rules should we keep in mind when copying (or writing) entries with the Po-Editor?

And: Is there a sample Po-File I could look into? It would clear things up a lot. I've done a forum search and checked the Sourceforge link (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufoai) and couldn't find one (maybe I was just too lazy-eyed).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 10:21:04 pm »
And: Is there a sample Po-File I could look into? It would clear things up a lot. I've done a forum search and checked the Sourceforge link (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufoai) and couldn't find one (maybe I was just too lazy-eyed).

I'm not sure what you ask. The msgids of po files are updated via script from time to time by the Team. Translators should translate msgids to msgstrs with PoEdit.

You can find current translation (*.po) files here.

Please, read our Translating article for more info.

-geever

Offline Damien_DE

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:25 pm »
I'm not sure what you ask. The msgids of po files are updated via script from time to time by the Team. Translators should translate msgids to msgstrs with PoEdit.

You can find current translation (*.po) files here.

Please, read our Translating article for more info.

-geever

Perfect, thank you!

I was asking because some of the (german) translations were missing the PO-Files.